Spartans Home

Buying a New Ship

MH6~SPARTA~

So I've just reached Second Lieutenant, and I think its time to retire the ol' Cutter and get something snazzy and new. I have about 82k gold saved.

Which tier can I realistically purchase and operate? Can I get a Mercury or Snow or something?

Mercury with Carronades mounted is what I would go for the Snow sits higher in the water and is an easier target.

Carronades have a very short range and since a recent patch do more damage the closer you get.

Mercury it is. I have carronades in my cutter currently, and they are awesome. Rush the enemy ship, pull in close, unleash broadsides until they sink. Way more effective than trying to deal with the AI at range, they are much more accurate than me.

Should I just buy a Mercury in the Ships tab at Port Royal or can I pay a Sparta guy for one? :thumbsup:

Samurai is the closest to being able to build more than basic ships but I don't know if he can make Mercs yet if you need a Trader Cutter both Samurai and I are making them just ask.

Port Royal is usually the best place for buying there are a lot of ppl making ships there so prices are competitive if you need gold for a slightly better one just ask we have funds.

I'm planning on building a Snow for whoever wants it.

I need the following materials crafted and left in the clan warehouse please (use the resources from the warehouse)

23 Small Carriage

(each three needs 1 Oak Log, 3 Iron Fittings (6 Iron Ingots (12 Iron ore/12 Coal)) and 2 Cables and Howsers (3 hemp/1 Iron Ingot(2 iron/2coal))

22 Iron Fittings

(each 4 requires 6 iron ingots (3 iron ore/3 coal)

15 wooden Fittings

(each 6 requires 3 fir logs)

12 Ballast

(each 2 requires 3 stone block)

Thanks