Spartans Home

EVEBuddy - Yes you knew it was comming, LOL

CoBoL~SPARTA~

Now I have worked out how to get the info from the Eve Servers, I could do things like work out how much damge your guns will do with your current load out . This would be on the fly, as you change say a crystal in battle. It would update the info striaght away. Like HP damage, Distance, but all this would be based around your char's skill's and not the stats info on a item.

I acn also get info on the coporation, like who's online and where they are, and how many jumps they are away from yourself, and what ship there in and there load out. And all this is done on the fly and real time.

The Eve API is a pretty powerfull tool.

Already done one on the G15, but I find the screen a bit small. But what I am going to work on with the G15, is target info. Use the G15 to scroll crystals and then fit them to current weapons a using the screen keys.

Or try get really clever, as you target a shit. It flashes up the recomended crystal. And the click of a button fit's them and fires. This would use the EVE API, G15 Script Langauge, with a external applet for the screen. It's all posible from what I can gather.

For everyone interested, there is a PC DISPLAY on the market

Pertelian X2040 PC Assistant USB LCD Display

VIDEO

http://pertelian.com/joomla/index.php

http://ssl.bulix.org/projects/lcd4linux/wiki/Pertelian

£39 inc vat UK $49 USA

http://www.dabs.com/productview.aspx?quicklinx=4RZ2

User posted image

IPB Image

Features:

* Shows important information of your choosing at all times

* Runs independently of what is showing on your main PC screen(s)

* Simple USB connection, no device drivers required

* Pertelian software is being constantly updated with new features

* Great for game/hardware stats, email/IM notification, watching ebay, stocks, etc.

Specifications:

* Model: Pertelian X2040

* LCD specification: Hitachi HD44780, 5x7 dot matrix

* LCD resolution: 20 characters x 4 lines

* Unit dimensions: mm (W x H x D) 114 x 64 x 22

* User-definable characters: 8

* Backlight: Electroluminescent, green

* Installation methods: Velcro or desk stand (both included)

* Interface: USB 1.0 or later

* USB cable length: 1.8m

http://ssl.bulix.org/projects/lcd4linux/wiki/

Yea, this is basicly the same as what I use. But problem is you are waiting on others to develop the software. And the screens are smaller.

There is a load of usefull utils out there to utilize these screen such has LcdStudio is one of the best, but again you are waiting for somebody to write that plugin for it.

It's true people have to wait for developers to make applets to run the info from their PC to these screens, but , the people need to buy a ready to use screen.

What good is an applet if there is no screen for the masses that is easy to plug in and go?

I'm in search of a display that we all can buy and use, one that costs less than $100 and is USB, in a housing and will benefit everyone that uses it.

IPB Image

Like the annoying little sibling we once were (sorry, sis) the Alphacool LCD squeals on its bigger sibling (in this case your PC) telling you everything it's doing. The Alphacool hooks up via USB and displays CPU load, system temperature, memory use, or anything else you want it to. You can even have it display your incoming e-mail or RSS feeds while you use your main LCD to watch a flick or play games. The Alphacool only has a 240 x 128 resolution and the display is in lovely blue-screen-of-death blue, but we still think it's a cool feature to have if you have the £150 squid to splurge on it. ? Louis Ramirez

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1094331

User posted image

Picture this scenario - you?re running too many applications on your desktop that your screen real estate is not large enough to display every single window that you want to see. Or imagine yourself as a prima donna blogger who has more RSS feeds to go through than you can shake a stick at, and yet you do not want to constantly switch between windows as the distraction will disrupt your train of thought. Getting a larger monitor won?t help either, hence the introduction of the Alphacool LCD display as a secondary monitor. For $240, you get a fully programmable 240 x 128 pixel display.

The Alphacool LCD display is connected to your computer via USB and is capable of displaying basic information such as system data, remaining system resources available, CPU load and temperature, and memory usage statistics. With the proper know-how, you can even program the Alphacool to display other information intensive items such as incoming e-mail, updated news feeds, and even your current playlist on Winamp.

This nifty display comes with a 3m long cable that provides you with the freedom to place it virtually anywhere around your workspace. The Alphacool LCD display comes in a solid satin stainless steel case with a detachable monitor base that can be viewed in a portrait position. The beta version of the Alphacool LCD display is now available for download, and no prior programming language is required as the software follows an intuitive drag and drop model. You can now have a fragging session in the office while keeping an eye on incoming work-related e-mails with the Alphacool.

The search goes on................. ;)

Criteria basics.

Has to be USB (not everyone can run dual screens)

Has to be less than $100 US ( we all arn't loaded)

Has to be easy to use ( self explanatory)

Has to be compact and durable

Wow not sure where you going with this, all I did was develop a info for screen for me. If any body want's the app i have written then they can have it.

The screen I use costs around $100 dollars, as i get a good discount from Andy now at Mirrorbow. The screen is USB and also dose graphics if needed, and I am very happy to knock up apps for this type of screen for anybody.

As with the other screens they all work the same way so moding a app to use a diffrent screen would not be a problem.

I'm going nowhere with this, except to use your great knowledge and available hardware to maybe create something we all can use and love, but if it's just your personal project then that is different.

I too would love one of this screens as would others, with your software but I can't see all of us that are interested, going to maplins etc etc and taking up building projects because we all haven't got the skills.

Lets hope your project makes it possible for something special that we might all try to follow.

john

The development door is always open to any of you guys. And Viii thanks for the complements, that was very nice.

As for the LCD screens, See if you can find a cheap one. And i will be more than happy to purchase one if theres a lot of instrest in that, and try knock up some useful stuff for it.

I would like to know who would like ether a external screen or one on a G15, or in fact none what so ever. And what they would like it for in EVE say for example.