Spartans Home

Jaguar

Zeno~SPARTA~

A couple of years ago Jaguar displayed its CX75 extended hybrid supercar to mark Jaguars 75th anniversary. As always such exotic prototypes are rarely produced, only existing to test new technologies and styling ideas. The CX75 had twin turbine generators and 4 electric motors.

Here's Jay Leno taking a look at one with its designer, Ian Callum

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-m-AGiYT9I&feature=relmfu

Obviously it was never to be produced.

Jaguar-F-Type-1_zpsdbf983c1.jpg

And yet this month Jaguar launched the F Type at the Paris motor show, it clearly draws styling elements form the CX75, although technologically it is powered by conventional V6 and V8 power plants with power outputs ranging from 340 bhp to 495 bhp.

Trailer without the music (well just the cars)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywjzy1ntoXs&feature=relmfu

But what of the actual CX75, well Jaguar are working with Williams GP engineering to develop it, although not with twin turbine generators but a 1600c four cylinder turbocharged and supercharged engine developing 500 bhp on its own. Jaguar plans a limited run of 200 units costing over a million dollars each in the US.

Jaguar has had a patchy past with excellent cars (E type, MkII, and most of the Ford era models) and frankly rubbish cars (everything during the Britsh Leyland era). But when they get it right they are brilliant.

its a nice car im a bit dubious about the rear spoiler considering its a convertable? i can't say for sure but don't supercars handle worst when the're convertables? im thinking Bernoulli's principle comes into play as supercars are supposed to be designed like planes fuselages are. i know it was said during top gear and i know better than to trust top gear but could it be true?

i could be wrong about this entirely?

Allways loved jaguar, like the MGs and Trimphs/ Spittfires from our good friends in the U.K. They did some weard things on those cars, like hydrolic carburatiors. One would have to bleed them like brakes if lost prime. (What was wrong with regular throttle cables)? really well made cars like the XJ made it into the U.S, years ago. But unfortunately these new fabulous cars are out of the leage of the regular fella to be able to own. Now pritty much a dream car, one would say to himself, maybe if I make it big one day i could get one of those in the future. Don't count on it. one would end up with a Challenger or Mustang or Camaro instead.

Great cars they are, bad thing is they have gone into the high end market, wicth would put the sales numbers down real low haveing to compeate with the rest of the high end machine market wicth is about 1% of the total vehicle market in the U.S.

Emergency Vehicles like fire trucks and ambulances and the like is about 8% of that market, and that is low.

Out of reach for the average JOE here in the U.S. But Great car. The outher bad thing is its a "Import" that means the parts prices are high as well.

That brings back bad memorys of the JAP car invasion here in the U.S. They sold them cheap. But when a part wore out like a $25.00 water pump, one would have to pay $75.00 for it. Not so cheap from the parts side of it, and the cheap sales price soon wore off real quick leaving a bad taste.

Edited by Athlon64~SPARTA~