Spartans Home

KickStarter Grim Dawn

Hajimoto

Thx Haji,

This project is most probably one of the most "believable" projects out there.

I have to be honest with you guys, at risk to be labelled cynic or other, but i usually do not believe in this form of "Kickstarter" funding business.

I strongly believe is a new tool to appeal to the Inner gamer instinct (when it comes to fund gaming).

I do not trust these indie productions. There are very ambitious projects, some are also too beautiful to be true. The only real thing about all of these projects, most of the time are the money "good-faith" funders put down.

Believe it or not, gaming is an Industry. It is such a major industry it has not even been touched by recession. It is so strong out there and also if a gamer cannot pay his/her mortgage, still buys a 50 bucks game. Why? because we need to DREAM and we need get into an alternative reality different from the every day shit we live.

Every major Industries have very strict rules, lobbies, nasty shit and restriction "creative minds" have to abide. it s just a Market rule.

It doesn t matter how good is product, if you are ina massive Industry you have to abide the rules from the Bigger players. Don t you wonder why in the Car industry you see mostly the same names, building the same cars? Why there is not really a steering to different Indie Manufacturer offering engines using different fuel solutions?

... They have to abide to Massive Market rules.

Gaming is very much the same. games we don t like for some reason are really those games the Mass loves and are those games selling and making money.

In business, like this business, you don t count buyers by the "thousands" but possibly by the "hundreds of thousands" and above.

I don t necessarely like EA, and i know with this comparison I am sparkling a possible big flame, thru ppl who really hates EA, however EA makes business. And this is just an example.

If an Entity like EA is not interested to fund a project is because they don t see a massive market for it.

Massive market guarrantees Support. You can possibly fund a project with money, but then, if the sales are not "exceptional", that project is dead. if it was good, good for you, if it wasn t, forget about patches, because there will be noone working on it.

We saw this happening so many times.

GRIM DAWN can be interesting because at least these guys have something alreay. Worked on this project for 2 years. i do appreciate that.

I still do believe if they were not able to sell the project to a major player to get the production going on the standard way is still because the Big Entities are not believing on the sales volume.

I will probably offer a pledge to it just because at least their message seems way more solid of others and they seem to be very qualified professionals.

.. I just don t park my Dreams on it.. however Titan Quest is an excellent game. Was just to reward that great job, that is the reason why i may support this team.

shit I better get back into Titan quest and finish that game before grim dawn comes out!

about the whole kickstarter thing, I'm part ways with it, but I only supported the Takedown tactical shooter and grim dawn, because we know they are guys that have developed and published games before.