Spartans Home

ARMA 3 Info

MedicSN6

I thought Arma was an alpha and tbh ArmaII not too much past beta

They have never done this before it may be a great idea for those of us that like the series but can you imagine what somebody new to it might feel lol

I'm only interested in CQB & control, if it remains AI v players, it basically will remain similar to other versions.

I wish they implement use definable areas of play with PvP CQB engagement as well as their traditional AI warfare. For me those are the two things that have always eluded B.I.

I wish them luck in bringing something new & special.. but the B.I. forums are packed with bias too which might make it hard for B.I. to change. I love the exclusion of XP points crap & the focus on kills & objective but will they deliver another Arma 2 or something more?

Look forward to seeing...

:)

From what I have read in some previous press releases and QAs, they have built A3 from the ground up with a new engine. The character movements are much more fluid and consistent with reality, the graphics and physics have been rebuilt and the scripting methods are revamped to use JAVA.

I think these items alone make the game worth the purchase.

As Viiiper said, the lack of some more common FPS "features" such as XP, rankings, and unlocks, are the best part. We neither need nor want any of that crap.

I am looking forward to the Community Alpha.

I thought Arma was an alpha and tbh ArmaII not too much past beta

They have never done this before it may be a great idea for those of us that like the series but can you imagine what somebody new to it might feel lol

I think with the opportunity they have with A3 to build the program from the ground up and not try to dumb down a preexisting simulation into A1 and then beef it up a little with A2 like we have all seen, they are taking this very personally and want to get it right. Not just for the fans and players, but for themselves and for my next point as well. The initial estimate for the release of A3 after it was announced was June 2012. This was because they had released previous titles in or around June in years prior. I am glad to see that they are not rushing this. The bad part is that BI may be trending to be competition with the larger FPS games which generally release pre-holidays. I'd very much like to see A3 give COD, MOH, and BF a run for their money, but at the same time I hope they don't go down the same recycle, recycle, recycle, path that the traditional titles have gone.

Of course, this is speculation, but for the moment, it seems to make sense, even this early. I wouldn't bet the farm or anything, but competition is what drives an industry and BI needs to be the competition that wins out for the sake of PC gaming in general. My fingers are crossed.