Spartans Home

A tech bad experience.. Turning in happy ending !

Batwing~SPARTA~

Yeah! Sometimes it happens to normal ppl as well :0 I almost feel like i won a little lottery :)

As you know after the hard work of full reinstalling my OS under the Christmas holidays, when all was nice and beautiful, my 3 months old 1TB WD decided to go nuts a few days ago.

Lost a few files but most importantly had to reinstall everythng back again and.. then.. just to discover the HD was totally dead. Not even willing to reformat again.

With a bitter taste in my mouth, I went online at the Western Digital tech support and I had at least a nice surprise:

- RMA procedure is a breeze. Also they will send the replacement first. So I did it.

3 days after (UPS rulez) I got my replacement, right now. I just unboxed it and TAAA DAAAA !

They sent me a 1.5TB newer model !!!!!

The fine prints are saying "sometimes" they will replace the companent with similar or better part if original was not available.. but you know what.. it never happened to me !! :)

So I am so totally happy!! I got a larger drive and possibly better and.. oh well.. if it dies.. I will RMA again ;) (I hope not!!)

Considering the actual prices on HDDs getting this one is really like winning a small lottery :) I paid about 70 bucks for the 1TB and now I have 1.5TB at 70 bucks, not too shabby :) yeah.. a bit of pain in the ass of reinstall all the crap but oh well.. I ll survive :)

Edited by Batwing~SPARTA~

Nice one mate, same thing happened to me with a Seagate drive there customer service was good but I did have to send them the faulty drive first lol