Spartans Home

Star Wars TOR - Beta Key

Batwing~SPARTA~

so, this might be interesting for some of you..

I got an invitation and a Key to get into the Beta testing of SWTOR.

Funny enough, it requires to have a SWTOR login and password to redeem the code, I don t have it. It seems the screen to Create an account is actually broken...

There is no way I am able to create an account. After 10 minutes of frustration I gave up. A game withthe Account creation already broken, really do not deserve my attention.

HOWEVER, if someone of you is interested, I can give you my Key code and you can enjoy the Beta.

I would suggest you to create your account first (good luck with that) OR if you already have an aacount, you are golden.

Key must be redeemed by 11.59 pm (I suppose PST, but it doesn t say) today 11/18

this is the message:

You've been invited to the upcoming Star Wars: The Old Republic Beta.

Your beta key is : xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

To be invited into the upcoming test you must redeem the code by 11:59pm on Friday, November 18th, 2011 at:

http://www.swtor.com/redeembetacode/

Once the test date is set you will receive an email from the SWTOR team with instructions on how to start participating in the beta.

If you are able to get an account, PM and i will send you the Key.

• 3 weeks later...

This is one of those MMORPGFPS games, right? Medic said once it was a monthly subscription, but I see it on Amazon as $60. Is it monthly or a one-time fee?

Both, you have to buy the box, and then pay the fee.

The fees are as follows:

Will I need to purchase a monthly subscription in order to play Star Wars: The Old Republic?

Yes, a monthly subscription is required to play Star Wars: The Old Republic. Players will be able to select one of three different subscription options:

* 1 Month Subscription: $14.99 (£8.99/€12.99)

* 3 Month Subscription: $13.99 per month (one-time charge of $41.97/£25.17/€35.97)

* 6 Month Subscription: $12.99 per month (one-time charge of $77.94/£46.14/€65.94)

Basically, if you pay monthly it will cost you $179.88

If you pay every 3 months: $41.97 x4 = $167.88 yearly

And lastly every six months, $12.99 per month x6 = $77.94 x2 = $155.88 yearly

The difference between the monthly x 12 versus the 6 month x2 is $24. Basically, a month and a half free.

This does not include any fees that Origin may charge.

Anyone feel free to check my math.

Compared to EVE Online:

[EVE has a start up fee of $14.95 with a $5 activation fee but you are paying for the first month and then you set up your subscription or pay with Time codes which you can buy through in-game currency.]

Europe

Cost/month* Total cost*

1-month-plan € 14.95 € 14.95

3-month-plan € 12.95 € 38.85

6-month-plan € 11.95 € 71.70

12-month-plan € 10.95 € 131.40

* VAT included

Outside Europe

Cost/month Total cost

1-month-plan $ 14.95 $ 14.95

3-month-plan $ 12.95 $ 38.85

6-month-plan $ 11.95 $ 71.70

12-month-plan $ 10.95 $ 131.40

Edited by Medic~SPARTA~

That's insane.

Not to mention that for EVE Online the expansions which come out roughly every six months, are free. For WOW which is now play for free with micro-transactions, and LOTRO which is the same as WOW, you have to buy the expansion packs which vary in price from $20 to $50 bucks depending on the content of the expansion and extras like items or micro-transaction points.

As of right now, the monthly subscriptions are the only method and they have not announced an expansion mainly due to the game isn't even out yet.

Personally, I have spent more on games since I stopped playing EVE than when I was paying every 4 months.

Even then, the game is still at least $50. If you buy the base digital edition while in pre-order, plus the $5 Origin pre-order fee (a fucking joke), the total rounds out to $65, then subtract $15.00 for the first month's sub and you are still left to buy the $50 game.

However, having played the game, I'd say the story lines alone are worth it, even if you only play for a few months.

Even then, the game is still at least $50. If you buy the base digital edition while in pre-order, plus the $5 Origin pre-order fee (a fucking joke), the total rounds out to $65, then subtract $15.00 for the first month's sub and you are still left to buy the $50 game.

However, having played the game, I'd say the story lines alone are worth it, even if you only play for a few months.

That being said, I will probably be waiting until after my Haiti trip to buy and play this.