Spartans Home

Project Reality

Ebden~SPARTA~

See this post:

OFFICIAL PROJECT REALITY EVENT

Project Reality are proud to bring our Community some official Vanilla ArmA2 training prior to the release of PR: ArmA2 v0.1.

Sponsored by:

We will be holding open training nights over the coming weeks on vanilla Arma2 for all players new to this engine.

Training will start @ 20:00 BST (UK) / 1900 PRT every Monday evening, for the next few weeks as we build up towards a release.

This is a great opportunity for anyone who is looking to play the PR: ArmA2 Mod, from the PR: BF2 Community, and a place to get the "Basics" right prior to learning the PR style we all know.

Training will be broken down into two distinct sessions:

ArmA2 Boot Camp - This involves small group or one on one training where required / requested. The focus being on setting up Arma2 to run smooth plus a crash course on the keys, selecting weapons and shooting them.

It will also include using vehicles and basic navigation using a map & compass.

TvT Mini Missions - Small custom designed training missions usually involving attacking and/or defending objectives.

Also some cache finding and destroying missions too.

These missions will all be "Team vs Team" but will be refereed and coached. They are Basic Missions but enough to learn the ArmA2 game play.

Both sections are run at the same time by experienced Arma2 players and PR testers.

Server:

[RIP] UK Public (Teamplay enforced) server

(filter for "RIP").

TeamSpeak3 Details:

ts3.rustyinplaces.org

Although TS3 is not Mandatory - VOIP in-game will be, please be aware.

Requirements:

Arma2 Combined Ops (A2+Arrowhead).

No other mods required.

Please note that the servers will be well administrated, Team-play is enforced and we will encourage you. Leadership training is welcomed.

If you are experienced in ArmA2 and wish to assist in the training, please feel free to contact:

BabylonCome Who is kindly running this for the Project Reality Team.

- The Project Reality Team

Interesting, but confused.

I remember PR for BF2. I had it and I played it shortly. It was a very solid MOD.

A PR translation to Arma should be a MOD somewhat similar to ACE. Which lead me to think, why embracing PR other than ACE?

However, they say for this training no MOD is required, so this is a training about what? Just simply how to play Arma? on the Vanilla set? not that much exciting indeed.

They said they have to come out with a release, so they are going to introduce a MOD. Do we have any info about what the MOD does?

We do play Arma 'quite decently" I would say, most probably we do not need any training about the game itself. I am intrigued on what can be different on a Project reality MOD that is not out there already with the ACE MOD.

I read this to mean that anyone who is following the PR MOD team who played BF2, but not Arma. So yes you may be a vet, but they're trying to pull people from the BF2 group over to Arma. This will require training on how Arma is played. Hell, I still learn things about Arma everytime I play.

Edited by Yankee~SPARTA~

Exactly the way I understood it, Yankee. They are developing a mod for ArmA2 with the classic Project Reality style (I'm guessing, a lot like ACE) and want to make sure all their enthusiasts can keep up with them and are therefore offering them an opportunity to learn the game before releasing the mod. I understand that the PR people are pretty hardcore about how things are done, so they probably want everyone to have a minimal knowledge of the game before they learn everything the mod has to offer also.

Will be interesting to compare this with ACE!