Spartans Home

Windows 7 update's

EBE

If you save your softwaredistribution (c: windows\softwareDistribution) ( i am on WIN7 but i gues it worx with xp /vista TOO? )

On your back up HD then you never have to download this stuff again , after pc crash or reinstall.

i didn't know that so ...

THX to BATWING na na na na na na na na na na nanaa (old theme)

If you save your softwaredistribution (c: windows\softwareDistribution) ( i am on WIN7 but i gues it worx with xp /vista TOO? )

On your back up HD then you never have to download this stuff again , after pc crash or reinstall.

i didn't know that so ...

THX to BATWING na na na na na na na na na na nanaa (old theme)

If it was not you batty then it must have been HAJImoto my bad

You're of course talking about making a "system image" opposed to just backing up folders right? There's a slight a difference. "Software distro" folder is tricky also, if the contents get corrupt or a path is incorrect you will not be able to download updates in the future. Keep this in mind if you have problems with updates after a recovery. To be clear updates are actually downloaded into a containing folder called "Download".

Also what might help is to have a handy dandy dedicated Service Pack DVD (current for Win 7 would be SP1). You can download it directly from Microsoft. Its always been in good practice with a new installation to install the service packs before anything else if rebuilding the OS.

Hope this helps anyone that might come across this issue.

Edited by SirSmokalot