Spartans Home

New Build OTW

Donziboy2

My e8500 is starting to show its age and I finally got back to work so upgrade time :thumbsup_anim:

Reusing a Thermaltake Armor case and EVGA GTX 285

Buying

Core i5- 2500k

Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD4

Cooler Master Gemini 2 S HSF

G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB 2x4gb cas 8 These were 119 with and a $30 promo got them down to 89.

OCZ Agility 2 90gb SSD

Scythe Kaze Q fan controller

2x Scythe Slipsteam 120mm fans

2x Thermaltake 90mm fans

Windows 7 Home Premium 64

UV Cold Cathode Kit

Total was under $900

Hopefully I can find time between work and school to do a good job on my new build.

Very similar build to mine. :) Gotta say im really happy with it.

I'd strongly recommend dropping the extra cash on a 2600k, but the 2500k isn't bad. I'm assuming you'll update your gfx card in the future as well.

I really dont think Ill notice the difference between the 2500 and the 2600. I'm also strapped for cash. Been out of work for 6 months, started school 2 months ago, and have only been back to work 2 weeks.

The GPU will get overhauled in the future but for now the 285 does everything I need it to do. My dual core has actually been holding it back most of the time, I hardly ever see it straining.

Yeah that's a great build you have and with the turbo boost or what ever they call it that cpu should Rock & Roll,

I am envious and hope to get up to par by the end of the year.

Have fun building it and don't forget to save links for all the downloads you are gonna want.

Coincidence?

Just upgraded to...

MSI P67A-C43 Mainboard

EVGA GeForce GTX570 Graphics

Intel i5-2500 CPU

8GB Sniper DDR3 RAM

Corsair TX750w power supply

Keeping the Case, HD, CD/DVD drive, and all external components.

Arma 2 runs like a dream now!

Oh, and the i5 comes with a heatsink/fan. It took me a second to realize that when my old heatsink didn't fit on the mobo.

Its running pretty good. Had some early teething issues.

Put the HS/Fan on wrong even thou I could have left it i opted to move it so it matched the picture.. The holes are all the same distance and it clears pretty much any way. The HS/Fan is tight to one of my ram modules but its not to bad long as i dont need to pull ram.

Had some reboot issue that is ram related after setting the XMP setting it stoped giving me issues. Kept having to pull 1 ram module for it to boot sometimes.

Just a matter of installing apps and tweaking now. Probably take me a few weeks to get it where im happy. I hate the way Win 7 treats you like a moron on everything.....

Ill try to get somemore pics later. After I get wire management managed.