Spartans Home

Flaming Cliffs 2: Sparta Flight School

Durka-Durka~SPARTA~

Hey guys. I just got Lockon FC2 and am in need of some learning. Anybody want to get together one night and try to go through the basics? I'm particularly having trouble ATM with learning how to use the radar and such, so those who know this game well and wish to fly together teach me how! lol.

I'm usually available on Monday and Sunday nights Eastern Time. (GMT -6 I think)

Who else has this game and wants to play?

Hey Durka,

I can be available for a flight session. Can you fly only on Mondays and Sundays ?

Problem is that today Monday 4/25 is a bit at the last minute. Sunday 5/1 I will not be available.

If you check this post and you wanna do someting tonite, shot me a P{M and I will try to come online.

In general, before starting a flight lesson (these info are related to F15 training)

1 - Be sure you mapped on your joystick the commands you need, if you cannot map them all, you need to know the keyboard shortcuts. Print them out if necessary. I do not know the keyboard shortcuts. i use a programmed joy and throttle and I have no idea on keyboard where those commands are.

2 - you have to read the Avionic instruction from the manual. Having a basic understanding on how Radar is going to work. This will simplify the explanation. if you don t read those info first, it will be very complicate understanding the explanation just thru TS.

3 - the TD (Target Designator) controls and the Lock botton are the most important to be on your joy. If you didn t map them yet, do it before starting a flight lesson. Trying to use the TD on the keyboard is almost impossible and very frustrating. TD commands should be mapped to a HAT on your joy. If you have only one HAT available and you are going to use it for your view (if you dont have a TrackIR device or similar), figure out a way to create a secondary mapping on the same HAT with a Ctrl modifier, so that when you hold down Ctrl on your keyboard you can control the TD from the HAT. Seriosly, this is extremely important.

4 - the Radar Antenna Tilt control (allows to look up and down with your radar) is another top-notch command you need to have handy on your joy. That is one of those controls you continuosly adjust to scan for target, has to be handy and easy to use.

When you have all of the above set up you are ready for an exercise :) Let me know :)