Spartans Home

According to this chart of 2011 releases....

MedicSN6

Stronghold 3 :banana_dance:

DOUBLE RATIONS! :banana_dance:

One of my best memories of Stronghold was a map that one of my mates created for himself which he showed me. It consisted of a very elaborate fortress and castle grounds etc that took the better part of a couple of days to make. To garrison this castle he ensured that he would have enough resources to supply a large number of troops. It was "impregnable" he insisted and it would never ever fall. The only problem was that in his hubris he added a large number of deer to feed his troops. The deer multiplied as expected but he didn't anticipate how rapidly they would procreate.

He noticed within about ten minutes that there were quite a number of deer but played it down as he made preparations for the upcoming siege. After half an hour he was sending out lumber jacks to keep the deer numbers under control but he assured me that "everything was under control".

Within an hour his castle grounds were swarming with deer and he tried desperately to wipe them out with bowmen, spearmen, pitch and the ballistae on his castle walls. They kept breeding and he kept culling and so forth and he got increasingly agitated. He couldn't build any more structures because the deer were blocking the templates and so he couldn't increase his army beyond a certain point. In the end the tipping point was reached and his map was flooded with so many deer that his computer crashed. He didn't even get to defend his castle from the computer AI.

I laughed my arse off at the daft git! :hysterical:

Edited by Rolf

^^^LMAO

EDIT: Woops i posted a youtube video but didnt listen to it correctly....video is funny, but the dude made a racial remark....vid removed.

Edited by EL_n00biachi

I don't think I saw this game on the list:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGToH9mQTjY&feature=player_embedded

I do wish that the main character would be from the Dark Angels or Imperial Fists chapters for once but otherwise the game looks like it's shaping up well. :banana:

I haven't played DoW 2 but I loved the original DoW and it's expansions. Relic has done well adhering to the fluff of 40K in the past and Space Marine looks brutal.

If anyone is interested in 40K and haven't done so yet, then i'd highly reccommend checking out the Horus Heresy series of books. They're a good read and very epic.