Spartans Home

Server Status/Story

KalXen~SPARTA~

• 2 weeks later...

So I moved the server to use Bukkit for administration and the following addons:

Essentials - Adds a ton of new commands in game like mail, ability to warp to nether, warpgates, some economy, set spawn and home

iChat- Can filter chatting, and change chat colors.

Permissions - Changing permissions on commands, etc in game to seperate class of users. Admins, Mods, etc.

MineCart Mania - Redo of the minecarts, boosters, logic, etc.

New version of Minecraft out. Server had to be taken off Bukkit, and back to vanilla for the time being as there is an all new format for the files, etc. So there are no warps, ether, etc. Just plain Jane.

Minecraft Beta 1.3

* Implemented a new lighting engine with the help of MrMessiahs (can be turned off)

* Changed the options around, added a new ?Graphics options? button

* Added beds. If all players in a map sleeps in a bed during night, the game immediately skips until morning

* Added three new half-size blocks

* Added Delay/Repeater redstone dust blocks

* Added whitelisting to the server. To use, enter ?whitelist ? where cmd is ?on?, ?off?, ?add ?, ?remove ?, ?list? or ?reload?

* New save file format, old maps need to be converted (that might take a while..)

* It?s now possible to have more than five save slots, and to rename saves

* Scrollbars in both the texture pack list, and in the map selection screen

* Replaced the Mojang splash image to reflect the new logo colors

* .. and a bunch of bug fixes and tweaks!

• 3 weeks later...

Server is down. Everyone seems scared to post to let Kal know even though that's exactly what he asked us to do. I had to get Zeno to modify my permissions just so I could post this.

Anyway Kal if you happen to read this and it's no hassle the server could probably use a restart.

Got home from London to find it down. Spent an hour scouring through logs, and I don't know exactly what happened.. but it looked like a player corrupted the map by doing something wierd with the Nether. So I had to redo the nether, and I had to pull a backup of the world from before I left for London. Server is back up.

Oh dear god no, our station!

Find the offender Kal. Destroy them. KILL THEM IN THE FACE.

Seriously would there be any way to pull a small area from the map from before the server crashed or is it totally gone? We put a lot of work into our station template and some other things. Rebuilding from scratch will be a real pain since even our initial testing samples are gone from the map.

If not I'm gonna request a copy of the map or at least that section we have been working on so we can continue prototyping off the server and we can import finished products later. Don't think Unicorn, Halo, and I can afford to have it happen again.

That would be awesome. All relevant items are on that one flattened area you made for me due east of your church, the one with all the gizmos like the corkscrew, mob slaughterer, and piano/light thing. There was a slight extension made to the north of the flat area that has a corner piece of bridge, though the original flat part is the most crucial as it houses our station template.

If you have any questions let me know. I'll check this thread periodically and will probably be on the server and TS.

Also just noticed I no longer have access to the clearinventory command. If it's ok can I get that one back? It's helpful in preventing people from picking up stuff I have to drop.

Thanks for your time Kal!

PS: Not sure if anyone who was online at the time can add anything but before the server crashed we were getting what seemed like maybe 20 minutes of pretty intense and progressively worse lag.

Edited by Gonzo

Have now added multi-world stargates. Can now use the gates to dial different worlds, and can go back tot he old world we have worked on the last 2 months, or a 3rd world for the hell of it. Just testing out concepts at this time.

Thoughts:

1) Starting world will be themed for us to build as a group the medieval city.

2) Keeping the old world accessible for those that had much stuff to bring over, or who really wanted to hold on to something from before.

3) The third world will constantly change - will use it as an exploration world like we used last night to go out as a group and explore/fight in.. but dont bother to create much in it, and don't log off in it because I will nuke this world from time to time.

Maybe we should make one world just a creative world where you can spawn anything you want. Not sure how the permissions would go but to be honest, everyone has been awesome lately and the honor code should work if permissions are world specific but are global for the server. Ultimately it is up to you Kal.

It would just be by soft rules and honor. Your inventory works across all worlds. Even if you locked the give command down to a certain world, you could still bring it back to another world.

About 9 of us spoke last night and it would be nice to have one level that was master planned and built as a group. I'm fine with having another world as build whatever you want. And then for the explorers, we mix up the third level between nether and random worlds. Good thing about the exploration world is that we can nuke the world without any worries.

It would just be by soft rules and honor. Your inventory works across all worlds. Even if you locked the give command down to a certain world, you could still bring it back to another world.

About 9 of us spoke last night and it would be nice to have one level that was master planned and built as a group. I'm fine with having another world as build whatever you want. And then for the explorers, we mix up the third level between nether and random worlds. Good thing about the exploration world is that we can nuke the world without any worries.

I'm down with that. I have been trying to get back into ArmA2 so I haven't been on the server for a while. I do however, have some ideas about things to build.