Woohooo!! 1.7 is out.

+ Added pistons

+ Fire or redstone is now required to trigger TNT

+ Fences can be stacked

+ Added shears

+ Shears can be used to pick up leaf blocks

+ Shears can be used to shear sheep without hurting them

* Sheep no longer drop wool from being punched

Don't anyone tell unicorn but I suspect pistons can replace his amazing cart holding system. :(

Guess we'll see. Notch seems to think it will be a long time before 1.8 sees the light of day. Maybe given the protracted release we can implement the 'Better than Wolves' mod that Medic found if it ain't a huge pain.

Along with updating the server maybe we could update the old and new google maps.

Edited by Gonzo

Also I might add though I'm sure everyone is aware and it's probably an issue with WE not being current but a lot of the automated construction commands don't work such as making spheres and cylinders. I'm guessing we'll have to wait for both Bukkit and WE to get updated to fix that.

Woohooo!! 1.7 is out.

+ Added pistons

+ Fire or redstone is now required to trigger TNT

+ Fences can be stacked

+ Added shears

+ Shears can be used to pick up leaf blocks

+ Shears can be used to shear sheep without hurting them

* Sheep no longer drop wool from being punched

Don't anyone tell unicorn but I suspect pistons can replace his amazing cart holding system. :(

Guess we'll see. Notch seems to think it will be a long time before 1.8 sees the light of day. Maybe given the protracted release we can implement the 'Better than Wolves' mod that Medic found if it ain't a huge pain.

Along with updating the server maybe we could update the old and new google maps.

I'd really like to see the BTW mod on the server. Maybe we should begin a new server with a fresh 1.7 and BTW. Would be awesome.

EDIT: I propose we make this world a resource only world. Lets get back to the basics of MC and have fun building original content again.

That could be a great idea. I think that the BTW mod world should probably be resources only. It feels very community oriented as is so resources only would probably maintain that feel. We can leave another world or an existing world for megaprojects.

As Medic said it's a shame Minecraft doesn't have better integration for mods.

Whats the link for BTW again? And is it bukkit related, or a full rewrite? Cuz we'd have to pick one or the other. I don't think it was related to Bukkit.

And as with ANY time a new release comes out, chances are BTW or Bukkit will be a week or more.

Whats the link for BTW again? And is it bukkit related, or a full rewrite? Cuz we'd have to pick one or the other. I don't think it was related to Bukkit.

And as with ANY time a new release comes out, chances are BTW or Bukkit will be a week or more.

As long as you are using ModLoader, you should be fine with Bukkit.

Yeah, that is completely seperate from Bukkit and everything we have done til now. We'd be dropping everything else like WorldEdit, etc. It also looks like in order to use you are actually opening up your minecraft.jar and editing the contents.

Also - if I'm reading this stuff correctly, some of these mods would require each of the users to update their local copy of the game as well in order to log in - which means you'd be limiting which servers you could join. That is the main reason why Bukkit is more focused on supporting the SMP servers vs single player experiences.

And if you guys are wanting to start up a completely new server with no abilities, its running on port 2401. Using seed: mycateatspizzawithawesomesauce

Was the result of the Better than Wolves mod a no go?

Trying to find a new mix for this server - I want to add in some type of economy along with more interaction/distinction. Thinking about using the following:

Economy plugin = iConomy

Default way to make money by doing simple jobs or PVP=Jobs

Buying/selling items + investment in gold= VirtualShop