Spartans Home

TITAN QUEST IMMORTAL THRONE INFO!!

Hajimoto

(UPDATED INFORMATION 12/22/2010)

As a seasoned Titan Quest and Titan Quest Immortal Throne player, I think it is important to share some basic game and developer information.

If you purchased Titan Quest Gold you have both the original game Titan Quest (TQ) and the expansion Immortal Throne (TQ:IT). It is important to know that IT is a complete rework of the original TQ release. Meaning if you play TQ you will be missing out on all the 1000's of new items introduced in the IT expansion. I have seen players that have played TQ until they finished the game and then they start TQ:IT to see the new area HADES and realize that not only is HADES new but so are 1000's of new items, creatures, armor that could have been played from level one.

The game developer Iron lore went out of business shortly after the release of TQ:IT because they could not get any funding for their next project, also the lack of copy protection allowed the game to be pirated heavily, meaning there will not be any automatic STEAM updates that most users have come to expect from STEAM. The publisher/distributor THQ, is still realizing revenue from the title after over 2 years of Iron Lore closing their doors, in fact TQ:IT was the top selling game in Russia for the year of 2009, read a full interview with Iron Lore co-founder Paul Chieffo HERE at Gamebanshee.

All that being said, the very supportive fan base developed a fix (June/2009) for most of the games bugs, which can be found HERE. The patch (1.17a) is made for all versions of the game including the digital distribution version from STEAM. if you are a fan of the game engine (as I am) please note that the core group of developers that used to be IRON LORE started a new company called Crate Entertainment. They are developing a game called Grim Dawn which utilizes a revamped and improved version of the Lore Engine. Grim Dawn will be a digital distribution and independently funded game title, so if you enjoy TQ or TQ:IT and want to show your love, pre-order a copy of Grim Dawn HERE, as you mat have figured out by now I am a "Legendary Fan Edition" holder :0)

Below is the sequence that a new TQ:IM player should follow to be sure they launch TQ and TQ:IT in the proper sequence insuring they experience the most from the game.

Starting the original game TQ first, sets up the basic file structure to support the game saves and character information on your machine.

Once TQ is run, you run TQ:IT which will add the extra information necessary to experience the full content.

• Install both games
  • Start TQ, watch the intro, go to the character creation screen.
  • Exit TQ
  • Start TQ:IT, watch the intro, go to the character creation screen and make your character.
  • Enter the game and enjoy.

From this point forward only launch the TQ:IT version of the game. hope this helps!

ENJOY!banana.gif

Edited by Hajimoto

• 7 months later...

As most of you know I am a huge fan of the creators of Titan Quest Immortal Throne. The company that rose up out of the ashes of what was Iron Lore is now Crate and Rock Paper Shotgun did an awesome write up on the upcoming ARPG called Grim Dawn. Click on screen shot to read the article.

Titanic Quest: Crate Speak About Grim Dawn

grim5.jpg

[ CLICK ON IMAGE TO READ ROCK PAPER SHOTGUN ARTICLE ]