Spartans Home

Close Combat

rtr~SPARTA~

Hi Luggage,

Yes anytime mate. I just finished the Grand Campaign with both sides on 'line' setting. Trying a new one with Allied as Elite and Germans as recruit which should give me a more difficult game.

This site is excellent for al round CC stuff. I'm currently trying the Stalingrad Der Kessel trilogy mods for the CC5 engine.

Close Combat Series

Unquestionably one of the finest wargame series ever for PC, especially 'A Bridge Too Far.'

Not only does it have excellent tactical combat gameplay, but its really unique it its level of historical accuracy. I cant think of a more lovingly crafted PC wargame - whoever was involved with 'A Bridge Too Far' must have been a huge military history buff. Next to TalonSoft games or the Battlefront games, the Close Combat series was the only true 'wargame' I think to ever be on a computer. I still have A Bridge Too Far's original CD, booklets, and box - its currently residing at my brother's house ... he and my 9 year old nephew play it regularly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgfELyneohc&playnext=1&list=PL8707DB7D2989BB16&index=4

Edited by BrerRabbit~SPARTA~