Spartans Home

Animation on how guns work

Athlon64~SPARTA~

• 4 months later...

Oh the breff case gun? Isent that clever? The guy fireing the 44 colt is gripping it wrong, suppost to use 2 hands one under the outher not over the outher, for shooting big wheel guns. unless they like scrunched up fingers LOL.

I have fired a desert eagle ae50 A monster. Even two handed it wants to fly out of your hands. Just standing 20 yards away from one at the range will thump your chest from the muzzle blast. I would have to say its equil to the S&W 500 mag, or dang close.

Well for the .44 mag they have serveral different loads available, 44 240gr semi jacket hollow point. And a 200gr special load. And the .44 rifle round of wicth you cannot shoot in the S&W 29 or the 629 becouse it will explode! Only the Ruger super black hawk will safely fire the rifle bullet and won't blow up the gun, and they are Alot more powerfull then the .44 mag pistol load, and are identicle.

The Smith blowing up

blowup-revo.jpg

And apparently the colt can/t handle them eather

blown_up_gun.jpg

So don't try and shoot the rifle bullet in a pistol, only the super black hawk can handle it, i don't know about the red hawk, but after fireing 20 rounds of the rifle rounds you had better tighten the screws or they will fall out. I lost the ejector screw on mine and had to order a new one. I must have looked for a hour in that fine gravel at the range-gone.

ruger44.jpg

Edited by Athlon64~SPARTA~

Aparently the fluteing on the cyclinder and the thinn weight saveing top strap on the smith&wession is its weakness.

When loading the .44 mag bullet= rifle powder charge is 2 grains more then the pistol= and will explode the weak ones.

If i recall there is a 250 gr fmj bullet heads available for it as well, I tryed to get some, but my reloading supply store only carried the 240 sjhp. They don't make armor pierceing bullets in .44 i wanted some..429--.431

The outher difference between a magnum round and a standard round apart from being longer and holding more powder is the magnum primer used, stronger then a regular primer.

Care in attention to caseing lenth, and bullet seat depth is a appsolute must in retaining accuracy when reloading these rounds. Every time a caseing is fired it expands to fill and seal the chamber, at the same time sence its brass, it streches longer. Caseings must be trimmed to spec. Just a couple of thousands of an inch will mean inches at 100 yards. These magnum long barrel hand guns can and will group as well as a 30-30 rifle at 100 yards.

Most shooting ranges for pistols is 25 yards. you want to get good with your 7 1/2 "or longer barrel pistol or wheel gun? shoot it on the rifle range at 100 feet and then 100 yards with a 2 foot x 2 foot target. That will teach you to get good with it. When you finely start hitting the target after sight ajusting and practice, you know your are good then.

Emagin the look you get from the 25 yard guys when you nail it at 100 yards with a .44 mag, they are astounded! Or the look you get when you shoot it on the rifle range and do better then the guy next to you shooting the AK.LOL!

Anouther trick is to sight it in useing the .44 special rounds, they are less powerfull and will inable you to sight it in faster. Hold the gun the same way every time you shoot it, don't change hand positions. Once windage is set, then elevation. On these big long barrel hand guns it will be rare to find one that the windage is set at center once hitting the target. RARE!

Remember when ajusting the rear sight, raise the rear sight to increse distance, Move right to go right

Edited by Athlon64~SPARTA~

• 5 months later...