Spartans Home

Try this in ArmA 2

MedicSN6

http://dailycaller.com/2010/09/26/navy-confirms-helicopters-took-dip-in-lake-tahoe/

According to the San Diego Union-Tribune, the Navy wouldnt identify the pilots or say whether the helicopters were supposed to be hovering over Lake Tahoe. The Navy did, however, say the entire Sept. 13 flight is under investigation.

Kakiel said the pilots are grounded until the Navy wraps up an aviation mishap board investigation. They could face administrative action and could lose their flying qualifications, the Union-Tribune reported.

The helicopters each worth $33 million, according to a Navy website were repaired at the Lake Tahoe airport and returned to San Diego on Sept. 16. Kakiel said the Navy has classified the incident as a Class C Mishap, meaning the damages were between $50,000 and $500,000.

A different set of pilots flew the aircraft home, Kakiel said.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2010/09/26/navy-confirms-helicopters-took-dip-in-lake-tahoe/#ixzz10jVTInjJ

The chopper probably lost his "cushion" and landed by mistake.

This what happens when you let boys play with the big mans toys B) if you ask me i think they should be kicked in the balls and sent on there ways packing.

Edited by GySgt~SPARTA~

This what happens when you let boys play with the big mans toys B) if you ask me i think they should be kicked in the balls and sent on there ways packing.

Well, no one really knows yet until the investigation takes place. We don't know exactly why they were over the water in the first place, but from the way the chopper was spinning, it looks like that part was more an accident than an actual practiced move.

Heh, I have done that in ArmA. Someone, Goon I think, got shot down in the middle of the ocean and I managed to get a blackhawk down low (gear in the water) to pick him up. But yeah, it looks more like an accident than an intentional stunt. If it was intentional, that pilot should be grounded permanently for risking lives and hardware like that.

Heh, I have done that in ArmA. Someone, Goon I think, got shot down in the middle of the ocean and I managed to get a blackhawk down low (gear in the water) to pick him up. But yeah, it looks more like an accident than an intentional stunt. If it was intentional, that pilot should be grounded permanently for risking lives and hardware like that.

maybe they were fishing?

maybe they were fishing?

With a helicopter, just like a regular soldier, one needs to push the envelope of their abilities, as well as the abilities of the equipment to know how it will do during a situation where it counts. Capt. Sully Sullenberger knew this....although I doubt if he ever put a 757 in the water for practice. :)

Besides, the first couple weeks of Blackhawk training school is how to get out of a drowned chopper :)

With a helicopter, just like a regular soldier, one needs to push the envelope of their abilities, as well as the abilities of the equipment to know how it will do during a situation where it counts. Capt. Sully Sullenberger knew this....although I doubt if he ever put a 757 in the water for practice. :)

Besides, the first couple weeks of Blackhawk training school is how to get out of a drowned chopper :)

Learn by doing! Or in most cases by failing then doing over