Spartans Home

Need to get ArmA set up again... What do I need?

1VB_SARmedic

It's been over three months since I played (or had an internet connection) and I am on a new computer. I am now in my new place and am able to join in again, but I need to get everything together.

I have: Updated ArmA 2 game, @Sparta mod, and TS3. Do I need anything else or is that enough? I really want to play for a while this afternoon, and lucky me if it isn't TacDom night!

Thanks,

SAR

The guy who can sort you is the Almighty Zeno. But for now all I can do is point you to the downloads section, what you need from here is unclear. But some of these are rather large downloads. If you got a bit of time maybe pull these to your HD ready for install or instruction by a more Advanced Arma II user.

Hpoe this helps in the meantime

Arma II downloads

Too late the Almighty as spoken. LOL

Thanks guys, that was fast.

Zeno, I do have the Ace mod downloaded but not installed yet. (wasn't sure if I needed it or not.) Is it a fairly easy install?

I can't download anything too large, I have a 5GB/MO cap on bandwidth. I am living where you can only get satellite or air-card internet service, and the bandwidth cap really sucks. If I need something very large I guess I can drive to a Starbucks and drink some coffee and download it.

ACE was updated during your absence, so unless you downloaded this lot you can't join the ace server. If you havent got it dont worry you can still join the stock server which often has some people playing (more than ace).

Nothing is too complicated to install but everything is easier with some help and guidance. I dont remember if the digital compass mod was in the sparta.rar file.

Anyway let me know if you need help and welcome back.

Cheers

Just Z (not almighty, not even mighty, lol)

I downloaded it yesterday, v1.1.1.349.7z. The digital compass was not in the @sparta mod so I just installed that too.

Unfortunately I am using 1.04 so I have to download the 1.05 patch, argh... Oh well, it will get me going at least.

Is the game tonight on the ACE server or the original one? If it is on the ACE server, I would like to get that installed as well. I'll jump on TS in a bit, I still have a few things to do this morning before I can get too into this. (Because once I start, that's it!)

Can't wait to see everybody again! NCO, are you out there??

NCO, are you out there??

Hiya Bud! I've not been playing much lately. Work has been a bear. But.. I'm still out there. I got on the server the other night and laughed at myself as I tried to remember the key commands.... :banana:

Medic, may I also suggest you get the CAA1 (Sahrani) addon that's also in your downloads section!

On top of that you might as well get my addon complete pack so you can experience some great addon material. Yes its 400+ MB but it includes alot of content along with the highly suggested ArmA 2 Launcher. Instructions are enclosed in Readme.

Its very very worth it for the Mohawk OV-1C, Kiowa Warrior OH-58D, F-16, F-15e/c, and of course my Cluster Bombs!

SmokeComplete_Vrs1.1

Also enclosed is a proper "sparta" addon folder that has the appropriate mods to run with CBA from ACE Stable 1.1.

If you don't download ACE at least get the CBA which is a script engine if you will.

Get the proper version and ACE 1.1 here:

ACE Stable 1.1

Edited by SirSmokalot

WOW, ABS (Always be Selling),

If you are going to download something make sure you get ACE first.

You know it....gotta get the word out.....if I don't people will miss out! I'm not so much worried about people downloading the mod, just that I would like to add these things for others to enjoy. Even though it may seem like I plug these addon packs and my Cluster Bombs alot, its so that others would enjoy them and have fun. Whole point of putting them together, to have fun. Besides its encouraging to see others use the mods in order to spend time making the missions that support them.

Zeno is right though, download ACE first and foremost as it does require components to run the other addons I compiled.

Also if you need help setting up ArmA 2 Launcher let me know, its an absolute necessity when interchanging between mods!! Besides it allows you to join game server directly when firing up game and skipping the main menu screen along with other screens.....when you fire the game up, next thing you know it, you're on the server!

When I get the bandwidth I will download the extra bells and whistles, for now I have to stay with the essentials. I am heading to LA next weekend to visit my father, I'll leech everything off his connection while I'm there. :)

I now have ACE and the sparta mods working, or so it seems. I am getting ready to hop on TS and see how it all works, fingers crossed...

EDIT: No joy. Looks like I need ACEx before I can join that server, totally bummed. I'll download it when I go to LA, I just don't have the bandwidth allowance to do it from my place. Hope you all have fun tonight, see you soon.

Edited by 1VB_SARmedic