Spartans Home

Three videos of OP: Arrowhead

Phisher~SPARTA~

That first video looked a hellofa lot like Iraq, and the COD4 reconstruction of the Uday Hussein battle I made a few years ago.

N.B. First video, 0:26-0:36 "every building and structure in the games be both enterable...and destructible"

!!

But the real question is, can you use breaching charges? Or those man sized water-filled plastic things that blow man sized holes in walls. Those would be so full of win.

This is not the type of free destruction models I think you're thinking about. It's basically a generic model that when a building gets hit by enough explosives, it will switch to the destoyed building while the smoke is clearing. Watch the one vid with the tank firing. If a tank fired at a structure like that, the building wouldn't look close to that.

Use the control tower as reference in Arma2. It doesn't matter where you fire at it from, it is always the same result after it gets blown.

I will hold off judgement until I get my hands on it TBH. Just adding features doesn't mean they work.

Take the editor for example, in the third video they use modules, these are in ArmA II already but we know that most either don't work properly or are unpredictable at best.

Don't get me wrong, any extra's are a bonus but I just hope they are worth while and aren't just thrown in without testing.

Yes, Durka is probably right. Buildings in Arma2 had up to 3 destruction models. I tried it several times with several buildings in the editor. Some buildings like i.e the lighthouse had only the choice of full intact or totally destroyed. Others like the airport tower have 3 different models increasing every 33% for example.

Maybe they have now decreased it to only 20% for certain buildings and hopefully also included the aspect of the direction for a destruction of the building.

But anyway don´t forget that this is a military simulation and not a pure action game where graphical depth plays the primary role. I just think that after firing at a building and a breach appears which is possible to enter is fair enough for a game like that.

im with Kav on this - and i think the destruction is adequate.

and as usual, BIS listens to its community and is trying to improve the game for the players.

What's the difference in the underbelly between BC2 and ARMA2? BC2 showed us that the destructive environ we want is possible. Is it a budget thing, a talent thing, or a limitation that I'm underestimating like level complexity? I won't recant how eager I am to try OA, but I am trying to counter any pending dissapointment in the coming changes.

I don't mean graphically, BC2 clearly takes the cake for wind and sand visuals, but just echoing Kav's concern about tactically-relevant destruction like breaching a building face. From the video, it looks like there's little precision to it, just lop off half the bulding.

Yep, keep in mind this isn't a totally new game with a totally new engine, ect. It's an addon with some cool new features. The thing about Arma is that it's made more/less for rural warfare, using hills and mountains and other land features to develop a strategy, which is what makes it unique.

I would venture to guess that there are just too many limitations at this point to make a really good game that mixes urban and rural warfare.