Spartans Home

"New" TS Overlay

NCO

A beta version of the follow on to TS Overlay is available. From the developer "qbnut":

"TINT is the true successor - and then some - to TeamSpeak Overlay (TSO). TINT Standard Edition is the basic version that supports overlay of TeamSpeak or Ventrilo "whos speaking" information in-game, along with a basic FPS display - much like TSO used to do. As it is the "basic" version, it is missing a few features from it's sibling Professional Edition, such as extendability through plugins, or per-game (aka profile) settings. However, support for both 32-Bit and 64-Bit versions of Windows, and support for overlaying into virtually any DirectX game using D3D 8,9,10, or 11, or basic OpenGL, is the same no matter which edition."

Please note that this is a beta. You need a "secret word" to enrol:

"The registration process also currently requires you to enter a Secret Word. This is to prevent the world at large from signing up. For the next 30 days, the Secret Word will be:

--------------------

noelephantsrequired

--------------------

Copy / Paste this into the signup form to allow registration. Be sure to read the T&C when signing up!"

http://www.projecttint.com/index.php

Enjoy!

I time out as well, but google shows their site. They are probably overwhelmed with traffic and they don't have hosting that will handle the load. They need to upgrade if they put out such a popular product, LOL.

Well, it only takes one of us to get it and then we can upload and share it as needed.

I've been able to register and download using a "standard" account (free). It looks like the "professional" accounts are not running yet. I won't be able to run this thing and see if it works in Win 7 (64) until this evening.....

I was finally able to get registered and download a copy. If you're still having issues, give me a shout.

Did you get it to function? I'm having no luck. I set all the various parameters, enable it (wait for the hang to process), but no overlay appears. Running the x64 version.

Did you get it to function? I'm having no luck. I set all the various parameters, enable it (wait for the hang to process), but no overlay appears. Running the x64 version.

I tinkered with it for a little bit, but ended up getting sucked into just playing Arma. haha. but no, I never got the overlay to appear, either. Then I had to leave for work. But I did notice in the readme that you have to use the 32-bit version if you're playing a 32-bit game. Or vice versa if the game is 64-bit.

Perhaps you could try installing the 32-bit version of the overlay and see if that gets you anywhere?

- JHunter

tell me is there another TSO that does work with our current TS?

i love that tool!

well, in theory, this new release from project tint should indeed work with our current TS. however, as you probably read in this thread... no one has actually got it to work yet. It's still in its beta release, though, so kinks are to be expected.

- JHunter

Edit - had to fix a silly typo. >.

Edited by JHunter

But I did notice in the readme that you have to use the 32-bit version if you're playing a 32-bit game. Or vice versa if the game is 64-bit.

This indeed was the answer. I downloaded the 32-bit version of the overlay and it works in Arma perfectly. Nice little tool. Didn't have much time to play with the different settings, though.

- JHunter

Both versions give me a dx3d11.dll error and fail to load, although they both will say engaged after they have loaded. The funny part is I am running Vista and shouldn't need dx3d11.dll

On my initial install of the 64-bit version, I had a similar issue. But I think mine was with dx3d8. At any rate, I just uninstalled it and reinstalled and it fixed itself. Had no problem with my first install over the 32-bit version, though.

- JHunter

Oddly, it works! I reinstalled the 32 bit version right on top of itself, and it ran ok in Arma 2. (I run Windows 7, 64).

So install TINTx32, even on an W7x64, and then reinstall x32 again?

Did you use the same installer you downloaded for the first install?

So install TINTx32, even on an W7x64, and then reinstall x32 again?

The different versions are related to the game you're playing, not the OS on which you are running. If its a 32-bit game, you use the 32-bit overlay. If its a 64-bit game, you use the 64-bit overlay. Both versions of the overlay can be installed at the same time. You just fire up the one that suits the game you want to use it on at that time.

Did you use the same installer you downloaded for the first install?

Yes, the same installer that gave me problems the first time worked fine the second time.

- JHunter

im using the 32-bit version and it works as it should - ppl note that even though the dload button in green says 32-bit version it is actually a 64-bit version - v confusing.

if you look at the 4 altenate downloads on lower left of same page you will see download 32-bit version.

for those who dont know what this is and are wondering its purpose/benefits it will display the name(s) of the person(s) talking in TS whenever they speak.

this is particularly useful if you are working in a squad and a member of that squad starts calling out targets or danger for example. rather then trying to work out who is speaking each time by the sound of their voice (and all you americans and brits sound the same to me lol), you will actually see the name of the person display when they speak and know immediately whether the comms are directed at your squad - an additional aid on the battlefield.

tiny download and well worth it.

Lighty

Edited by Lightspeed~SPARTA~