Spartans Home

My company,s IT dept. on crack!

Most company's have a crack IT Dept. However at OTIE we have a IT department on crack.

My company just upgraded to a T1 line...?! anyway, our current download speed in 12k....?! soooo I called the IT department to ask about the problem and one of the possible problems / solutions is that the "T1 line is not broken in yet" ...?! I quickly responded "oh I see, I will be sure not to drive it faster then 55"....

Most company's have a crack IT Dept. However at OTIE we have a IT department on crack.

My company just upgraded to a T1 line...?! anyway, our current download speed in 12k....?! soooo I called the IT department to ask about the problem and one of the possible problems / solutions is that the "T1 line is not broken in yet" ...?! I quickly responded "oh I see, I will be sure not to drive it faster then 55"....

Keep in mind that 'upgrading to a T1' could mean a dozen things. T1 is channelized by time slot allowing use for a mix between voice and data. So is this a T1 that carries only internet traffic, or is also being used for your voice lines, or connectivity to other offices. Either way, 12k is low on the internet traffic front and I'd suspect that they are using QoS (quality of service) to limit how much you can cruise the internet so they can use the service for something else. Either that, or someone *is* smoking crack and installed it wrong.