Spartans Home

Help me get Arma2 Running again....

Durka-Durka~SPARTA~

Memory Heatsinks are here

For what it's worth, a post at TomsHardware on cooling video cards.

As far as the settings I suggested in the Nvidia controls, try them after you've tried Arma 2 on stock settings. The settings I suggested are all from the BI forums and are based on earlier versions of Arma 2 and the Nvidia drivers. I have to admit that I don't really know what they do, but my game runs so I leave it as-is.

Durka,

Did you find any of my suggestions of any utility for your case?

I'm running through them now. I just tested things out with the new compatibility mode and my gpu fan at 100%. The good news is that Arma2 has the ping listings up for servers again, which was missing once I went to W7. Bad news is that I'm still getting those triangular artifacts, so I'm going to test all of your settings now and see if that fixes anything.

EDIT: Batwing, yeah the only other program that I have constant crashes on are Internet Explorer8. It sucks bigtime

Just ran everything in default mode in compatibility mode. Still got the artifacts, although not as much this time, and still crashed after 5min. Only thing different now from XP is the driver. How would I go about correctly rolling back the driver to the last one? MH6 showed me a program, but I honestly have no idea how to use it, as it gave me many wierd options.

Bsilenced- you mean that you changed the viewdistance from 1500 to 6k and you don't get the artifacts?

Durka,

before you switchh to diifferent driver, about the artifacts, try setting the game VIDEO MEMORY to Veryy high.. I had artifacts and that solved the issue permanently for me.

About how to switch to a different videoo driver, Win 7 is not too much friendly, but is not even too complicate.

First of all be sure you downloaded the drivers you want to install

You need to open your hardware settings:

1) right click COMPUTER and choose Properties

2) on the left end side click on DEVICE MANAGER

3) open the Display Adapter and right click on your card, then UNINSTAL

4) CONFIRM ALL FOLLOWING STEPS AND BE SURE TO ACCEPT ANY OPTION INVOLVING A FULL UNINSTALL this may be different from card producer, I use ATI, so just be sure to clean all

5) shut down your PC annd reboot

When restarting either Win 7 will start on bare basic resolution 800*600 or will install the basic drivers it thinks are good for you.

Either way when Win 7 is fully re-booted, proceed installing the drivers you want and reboot the system again

Then test the game. If still unsatisfied, follow the instruction again, remove those drivers and try other ones.