Spartans Home

PC meltdown

Killmiester

hmm that sux ..um so is everything ok and running again?

did you try your cards in another computer? ram also in another computer? how big IS your PSU?

Edited by GySgt~SPARTA~

hmm that sux ..um so is everything ok and running again?

did you try your cards in another computer? ram also in another computer? how big IS your PSU?

1200 watts.

The system is up and running now with the one card. I'll do some testing on that other card tomorrow. Been workin on this dam thing all day and I need a beer. Or several. lol

What exactly heat sinks did you remove? The cpu heat sinks/fans?

Well any time i have trouble i go to the mfger webb sight and follow their proceedure

Asus trouble shooting guide

http://support.asus.com/pcassistant/pcassi...SLanguage=en-us

Edited by Athlon64~SPARTA~

What exactly heat sinks did you remove? The cpu heat sinks/fans?

Well any time i have trouble i go to the mfger webb sight and follow their proceedure

Asus trouble shooting guide

http://support.asus.com/pcassistant/pcassi...SLanguage=en-us

Ya at first I only took out the heatsinks for my CPU's which were really dusty. Didn't even touch the graphics cards until I realized the machine wouldn't POST properly.

Thanks for the link. Probably wouldn't hurt to actually follow proper procedures next time. hehe

Edited by Killmiester

Ok cool. had to ask. that would also cause a protect mode as well and not post. You have to be real specific on excactly what you did to narrow it down. I built a computer for a friend once and it ran great when i left it. A day or so later he calls me and says it won't post and its screwed up. So im working over the phone, and hes 1000 miles away. Well it turned out that he did not tell me he swaped monitors and the new one shows only black screen. It turned out that the monitor cable was bad and it woulden't desplay. So after pulling out my hair to figure it out, I finely asked him exactly what he did. Then we were able to fix it from there after 4 hours of trying figure it out.

Edited by Athlon64~SPARTA~