Spartans Home

Neat Arma II Article

NCO

Nice article.

I think what the author captured is what keeps most of us playing. ARMA isn't about non-stop action and sustained entertainment -- to be quite honest, at times it's frustrating and dull. It is all about the 20 minutes of pure, edge-of-your-chair moments that get you as close to an authentic experience without actually being there.

The author of this article, Evan Lahti, part of the PC Gamer magazine editorial staff, is also a regular guest on their podcast, which can be found at:

http://www.pcgamerpodcast.com

I listen to it every week, mainly because I get paid to do so.* The show is a more mature take on PC games and the industry behind them, and listeners (that would be you) are encouraged to send in questions; the podcast crew will make a sincere effort to address those questions in the show. It's an hour long, give or take a few minutes, and Evan has spent quite a bit of time talking up Arma 2.

There's also a UK PC Gamer podcast which I find to be slightly less informative but even more entertaining, because it sounds like the crew spends a considerable amount of time at the pub before recording the show, and they don't care about censoring their show like their US counterparts do.

I wouldn't necessarily go out of my way to download and listen to the show, but it's something that's fun to listen to while doing other things.

*I listen to the podcast at work.

Oh man, what a great article. This is exactly the reason I love this game. Those tacticalgamer guys are going the route I sort of planned for our Friday Night Tactical games, in the spirit of giving a map of our mission, as well as commander assignments and such the day or two before. Thanks for sharing this article, NCO!