Spartans Home

Windows 7 and me

I am happy with windows 7, exept for one major dislike.... It won't accept a raid 0-stripe from my 2 750 gig samsung spinpoints F1.... The driver's won't be recognised, and creating a stripe afterwards.... don't think that'll work.

Yes I know there is some risky workaround with a spare hdd, creating a setup and migrating it to the raid disks.... but I'm noob enough not to dare....

Ok, I normally build my own PC but maybe I'm lazy, and wanted something quick, so I decided to find a prebuilt. I was looking around for one that has some of the main items I wanted - i7-920, GTS 260, and DD3 RAM.

I came across the HP E9290F at Frys and picked it up today.

HP e9290F for specs. Not too bad for $1200. The GTS 260 also has 1.8gig of RAM, which I can't find anywhere else. Now going through all these Windows 7 tweaks tos ee what I can do to get this thing humming.

whow that dollar dropped in value... or is it me...?

geforce 260 humm well its almost best you can expect from a complete rig HP well its better than Dell, or IBM but nevertheless complete rigs always contain outdated components. If I read things right I'd rather ahve a 890 mb 275 GTS than a 1,8 gig 260 with shut down stuff... maybe it's tweakable to re-gain its functionality? dunno, but 1200$ I wish I had that money, would do a bit more I guess...

On the other hand I'm stuck with the old core 2 duo line and ddr2 memory on my motherboard.....

but hey I only spent 750? oops..... hope my wife doesn't read this.....lol