Spartans Home

need some help

Hoot~SPARTA~

Sorry for the intrusion on your conversation but i was wondering if my cpu was any good i have

Amd Phenom 9500 quad-core processor 2.20GHz

ati radeon hd 2400XT

its probably not the best but i was wondering how i could improve performance because my graphics was rated at 3.6

and gaming graphics 3.9 on my vista performance imformation

i also heard alot about overclocking so if someone could explain please should i do it or not or if i should then how to go about doing it.

thanks

I have a setup very similar to Hoots, with a C2D 6320 overclocked to 2.589, 4 gig of PC8500 and an 8800GTS 320mb. After reading the thread I tweaked the Nvida settings and came onto the server for a quick check. The game was running smoothly at between 20 - 25 fps. How does this compare with others?

I already have another 4 gig of ram waiting for my Windows 7 to arrive and like, Hoot was toying with a CPU / gfx upgrade in the near future.

With a wedding in the new year, cash will be tight so if I upgrade again it's got to be around £100 max and give good bang for my buck. My mobo is an Asus P5B and doesn't support SLi but will take a quad core.

Edited by BPR_Watchman

• 3 weeks later...

One thing to keep in mind is that Arma2 is a game that is VERY taxing on the CPU. While you may have read this someplace else, I know from first-hand experience. I just built a new rig with a faster CPU but I kept my GPUs (dual GTX 280s in SLI). I'm using the exact same config settings as before (I copied my old config/profile file to the new installation), and I'm seeing and average increase of 10fps; for a game like Arma2, that's a significant improvement.