Spartans Home

Where are the arma custom faces?

Lightspeed~SPARTA~

• 1 month later...

Give a hand chief,

I downloaded a few ArmaI faces from the OPEC site <http://www.ofpec.com/faces/index.php?action=list&game=ArmA&page=0>

I installed them in C:\Documents and Settings\Edward Stern\My Documents\ArmA 2 Other Profiles\%7c1RB%7cA2%7cPfc%2eEbden

I created a new folder in that directory to hold the faces and stuck them in there, then I copied one of the faces, pasted it back in the directory noted above, and renamed it face.jpg.

Start AII, go to profiles. There is no 'custom face' option. I tried default face w/no specs. That didn't work either. What am I missing?

Edit: I run XP-SP3.

Edited by Ebden

ok easy fix.

you have your profile folder in C:\Documents and Settings\Edward Stern\My Documents\ArmA 2 Other Profiles\Lightspeed. In that folder you place the face.jpg.

if you want to keep back up and changeable faces then create a folder called faces and leave them in there and swap them as necessary. Of course you will have to rename those face.jpg to face_1.jpg, face_2.jpg etc

but the one that sits in the root folder of Lightspeed called face.jpg is the one that will be seen in your custom face folder ingame and for everyone else to see ingame.

as far as i can tell, that's what he has done:

"copied one of the faces, pasted it back in the directory noted above, and renamed it face.jpg"

but like you said that's all there is to it.

easiest thing i can think of is to post a screenshot here of your C:\Documents and Settings\Edward Stern\My Documents\ArmA 2 Other Profiles\??Ebden folder

Couple of things, open the file in your preferred paint prog then re save it out to your ArmA 2 folder as a jpg called Face (note the capital F).

Then do the same saving it out to your ArmA 2 Other profiles folder putting it in the root of this folder and in the route of your game name folder if present.

Then try to select it in game. (Note, you are looking for the custom face option, not a face called Face).

make a quick vid to show, i dunno it might help??

only other thing i can say is to make sure you drop the jpg in the correct profile folder and then make sure you select that profile in game.

HD link so you can read the filenames: