Spartans Home

Cry-engine 3 tech

NoScream~SPARTA~

• 1 month later...

tech 3 engine is imo a great engine, well that is if your a pc gamer and comparing it to the later tech 4. But since tech 5 has being announced just hope they moved into a far more pc orientated rather than a console style engine. Then again, its all about sale's and sale's

• 3 weeks later...

If you wacthed it in HD then you know why I like DX10 Wish Arma And OFP was in this. But oh well, DX 9.0c boreing. Seems that Crytec is the only game maker to really use 10 to what it almost can be. Everybody else still scraching there heads.

Edited by Athlon64~SPARTA~

Somewhat off topic:

I wrote a 64-bit DX10 engine a few months back, and I liked it. The jump from DX9 to DX10 is a bit of a hassle though. Even if you already have an established DX9 engine, you still have to rewrite quite a bit of code. Not to mention the fact that a lot of people still run XP, so no DX10 support, and still have old graphics cards, which also don't support DX10.

As time goes on though, DX9 will slowly fade out to be replaced by DX10, and then DX11 after that. Still, DX9 will probably be around until at least either Vista or Windows 7 is the predominant OS in households. As it stands, Windows XP makes up 65% of the market, with Vista coming in at 18% and Windows 7 at 3%. So, if nothing else, we'll be seeing hybrid DX10/DX9 compatible games (à la Crysis) for some years yet.

well if you put arma2 in dx10 then it would fry your computer and plus directx is stupid look at the hl2 engine no direct x it just limits the card, bull.

What?

The HL2 engine (Source engine), uses DirectX (except for the PS3 version which uses OpenGL ES)

Edited by MH6~SPARTA~

Its about time, maybe we will see something finely good outher than Crysis come out of this. From what I heard was DX10 is so complex that most of the game developers are still trying to figure it out, outher then the games for windows series. Can't wait!

Just for the record im a tech 3 engine head. The tech 4 engine is like your walking in a body suit made from plaster, as for tech 5 engine, well ive heard some things about it but nothing is definite so to speak, i guess ill have to wait and see the game feel.

Although the heavy hitters in the gaming industry have opted to invest billions in the console scene for obvious reasons since the new t.v.'s which we sure are going to have in our own homes in about 5-8 years are going to be "plug and play" units will be mostly orientated around console gaming.

Ya, the tv will probley intgrated into glass panels of windows in our homes. That kind of stuff,

soon it will be strapping on a personnal pc with sunglasses as the monitor,with wireless we can game anywhere we go. I even saw a show the can implant the monitor directly in our eyes. Cool stuff. From what I have seen the console gameing platform is working its way into a pc, dam close with the x-box360, next generation probley real close to p/c.