Spartans Home

MECHWARRIOR

MedicSN6

I used to play the original 8bit Activision Mechwarrior game. For its time it rocked!

Only problem was, it was created before the advent of timing loops... so if you tried to run it on a 486 DX2/66 like i did, for example, the mission was over before it even started, with an explosion and flash of color... since the game would run at the clock speed of the computer...:)

So, replayability wasnt that great.. but back on my 8088XT 4.77mhz (640kb RAM) speed demon (it had a turbo switch to go to 8mhz!) we played that game endlessly.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I used to play the original 8bit Activision Mechwarrior game. For its time it rocked!

Only problem was, it was created before the advent of timing loops... so if you tried to run it on a 486 DX2/66 like i did, for example, the mission was over before it even started, with an explosion and flash of color... since the game would run at the clock speed of the computer...:)

So, replayability wasnt that great.. but back on my 8088XT 4.77mhz (640kb RAM) speed demon (it had a turbo switch to go to 8mhz!) we played that game endlessly.

Right there with ya. I played the same one religiously growing up. Then updated computers, and it was no longer playable. It'd play, but mechs would run about 18,000mph haha. Can't wait for this new one.