Spartans Home

Just bought ARMA GOLD!

NeoGzus

Seems pretty sweet. Not a run-n-gun shooter by any means

I updated to that 1.16 beta patch and the frame rate like DOUBLED :o

Friggin awesome. Hopefully I'll be useful on the server, I'm pretty much green on this game. Still gotta figure out the controls b4 I can get combat effective before I jump online and get raped lol

Can't wait to jump in with you guys :D

Get the All-In-One package from the Sparta Downloads area and unzip it into the Arma root folder.

(C:\Program Files\Atari\ArmA\ )

Once you have that done, install the ACE mod updates to bring you from 1.06 to 1.08.

Read the "All In One Available" htread in the Arma forum for more details about the setup. Once you are patched and up to date with the ACE mods you will be ready to rock.

ArmA server 3 will be your friend during your noob period. 3 allows for multiple respawns, revives and so on and is a more relaxed casual atmospehere. Good to learn in.

TIP: When I was new to the game I would login to server 4 and spectate games in progress. Sittin on TeamSpeak watching and listening was a great way to learn some basics of squad movement and cohesiveness. No, not very exciting to sit for a couple hours just watching other people play, but it paid off in the long run, I think.

Once you have control basics down and have a feeling for how the missions are run on server 4 (much more rigid rule structure on 4) then pile on to 4 with us and run some missions.

There is a significant difference in the rulesets for 3 and 4... 4 is very disciplined squad play with no idle chatter or joking around, while 3 is a bit more relaxed and less stringently tactical.

Hope to see you running missions soon!