Spartans Home

FEAR 2 Special Edition

Rocky

So I was in the shops today and saw the new FEAR title was out for PC, and Gamestation had it for £34.99. I went down to Game and they had the very cool special edition version in a tin case for only £24.99!

The only thing was, FEAR is one of those games I bought and never blinking played, in fact, I just checked and it is not even on my PC anymore!

Anyway, I just cannie resist a cool box, so I bought the special edition of Fear 2 LOL.

The bonus is, it actually has the first FEAR included with it, so I can ebay my original :D

Anyone else here sadly attracted by boxes? :o

Edited by Rocky

Just be careful of boxes that the publisher calls "Special Edition." Take for instance the recently released boxed edition of EVE Online. They call it Special Edition, but there is no regular edition to speak of. They only thing special about it is that it is the first time in half a decade that the game has been put on a retail disc and sold in a store.

It also states that there is a special ship that is available to those who purchase the box, but I'll be damned if I can find and other information about how to claim or obtain that ship.

So buyer beware, things are not always as they seem and just because something says it is... doesn't make it so.

The Fallout 3 lunchbox with bobble-head is pretty cool though. Also the Quake Wars Collector's Edition is very nice.

I wish they would come out with a Full Collector's edition of Ghost Recon and one of Rainbow Six with all games and patches included. Would be nice.

Edited by Medic~SPARTA~