Spartans Home

Another Update

Zebb

A link from Armaholic :

http://www.arma2.com/united-states-marine-corps-2_en.html

I know it all looks good but I must admit that I wish they had decided to make this one a Middle Eastern/Desert environment, I really don't like the European stuff and especially the never ending conflict with what used to be the USSR, let's hope the modding community can put that right.

I honestly agree with you. To me it seems more realistic because that environment is what I know. This woodland stuff is for the birds. Not saying the militaries of the world will never fight there again, it just not as personal as Middle Eastern arid climates.

• 3 months later...

I must be in the minority here, because I think this is a fantastic area of operations. I love the fall colors and the general European climates. I think the Middle East and I want to cough up sand and dirt, hehe. But, both of them certainly beat Japan. I wouldn't mind seeing an Afghani AO, as it gives a lot of room for great ambushes and stealthy movement. Not to mention chances to employ great tactics like gaining the high-ground, sniping, and setting up observation posts.

Must admit I'm really enjoying the desert climes introduced with the Aghan/Avgani addon.

Hopefully there's more to come.

What do you mean by this? Was there an addon I wasn't aware of? Have I been gone that long? lol

This is the link for the maps we are using right now Durka,

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=3525

But I also have a few other Afghan/desert ones that I've been looking at so see if there are any here you might want us to try.

http://www.armaholic.com/list.php?c=addons_islands

When you have some free time and want to jump in the server again just grab the files posted here by X-Wind and you should be good to go:

http://www.legionofspartans.com/forums/ind...?showtopic=3668

AHH! So there's a whole new map out now!?!? 101st 2nd Brigade! Those screenies are awesome.

Durka just grab me anytime and I'll be glad to help get you sorted.

The link Zebb provided (All-in-One) is the place to start. There have been a couple minor additions since then but you'll be good to go in no time. Any questions just ask.

Hope to see you soon.

But I also have a few other Afghan/desert ones that I've been looking at so see if there are any here you might want us to try.

http://www.armaholic.com/list.php?c=addons_islands

Some of those look amazing Zebb. We're right at the threshold of doing a new 'All-in-One' (and/or an incremental) so if there's some things we'd like to add there's no time like the present.

Good stuff.

Durka speak to X-wind or Medic you may have a question need answering about this setup and instead of scratching your head for hours they could get you sorted asap. I followed the instructions and what I had done looked wrong so I asked Medic and what I was concerned about was not a problem and I was good to go.

This is awesome. All my buddies are gone now. (2 headed overseas, 1 to Blackhawk Flightschool) and the recession is making things very boring around here, so I might try to reinstall once I can clean my harddrive off of all the nonessential photo stuff hehe. All I gotta do now is hide it from the wife and I'll be golden :)

Oh yeah, where the hell can I go to get my uniform changed!?!?! I gotta put my 101st patch on!

Here is the standard ArmA face template. Anything you see on this image can be modified in Photoshop/Paint Shop Pro/Whatever...

The only caveats I know of are that the image MUST maintain the dimensions of 1024x1024 and MUST be named face.jpg to be used as the Custom face in ArmA..

User posted image

Things like tattoos and scars/wounds can be easily applied right on the appendages you see, right in the image.

Just keep in mind that these images are flat whereas your character is rounded so some additions may appear blurred or 'stretched' once applied to the character model in-game.

Just curious, I've updated to 1.16b, but when I start the game, it keeps saying 1.14. Is this typical?

Durka you need to run the executable that is in the 'beta' folder as opposed to the one in the ArmA root.

My shortcut target path:

"C:\Program Files\Atari\ArmA\beta\arma.exe" -nosplash -mod=beta;@ACE;@SIX_BC;@Mapfact_EU;@mapfact;DBE1;@opx;@aceip;@Sak

Good luck and let me know if you need anything.

ps Oops, Morgan posted while I was typing but it is the beta path that's the issue.

Root executable = 1.14

Beta executable = 1.16