Spartans Home

Outlook 2007 Issue - I need help please

DrNo~SPARTA~

Look at picture, some how the font size in the menu windows has enlarged and the stuff dosnt fit in the box anymore nor is the box expandable...... damn wierd. I need help to correct. Ive uninstalled office and reinstalled, did repairs, clicked on crap all night...... cant figure it out. Thanks guys.

Outlook 2007 menu box issue

That could be a windows settings issue. Check the Personalization options for text size or icon size.

Does this only happen in Outlook? If so, try a re-install, but first write down all of your setup info like pop accounts and passwords.

only outlook. did full unistall/reinstall so i think what ever it is stays in the registry during that process. Its wierd. I see also that the when you are in mail and in personal folders, the tasks and reminders ect have a smaller "times new roman" font too. Office 07 is such a piece of crap...... but oh well.

4 gigs on board. Tried the ctl mounse thing - no joy- Im sure its a registry scew up issue. when i look at teh personal page its taken out the nice arial font and there is a snamller times roman font there. that happend at the same time. oh well. at least the games run good.

Have you resized you desktop recently? Try jacking it to a higher res and then open outlook.

I'm running at 1680x1050 so i changed it to 12..x.... then checked and the issues is following the resolution changes. I changed back to 1680x1050 again and the issue is still there. too bad, I thought that might do it. Thanks for that suggestion!

Office 2007 ? if yes

1. Copy tahoma.ttf and tahomabd.ttf from the Office XP CD-Rom to your desktop (both files are located in the Office1.cab cabinet file)

2. Restart Windows in Safe Mode

3. Replace the existing tahoma.ttf and tahomabd.ttf in your Windows/Fonts folder with the ones on your desktop

4. Restart -- and the problem should be a thing of the past

:)

or

you can download them directly from Miscrosoft at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/188081/ as part of a Euro symbol update. run the .exe and no more problem oversized fonts.

NOT ONLY YOU

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-1854115.php

3 Thanks John !!!! That did it !!!! Fantastic! Thanks so much for doing that research! Jim

I have an .exe on file fr MS now that fixes this without a safemode reboot so if anyone wants it, let me know and i can email it to you. Jim