Spartans Home

TS and Arma

custard~SPARTA~

The way I had TS setup (using F1 to F12 keys) is messing with Arma and as I have a G15 keeboard I wondered if anyone has seen a profile around.

If I find one in my search I will post it up.

Thanks Floyd I have that, I mean the shortcut keys that I have traditionally used for TS like F5 for muting myself conflict with the default keys in Arma.

My G15 keeboard has extra keys and you can setup a profile for each game or program and some people publish the profiles.

As with any situation where one program conflicts with another you will have to make do. I have reconfigured my M3 keyset to use with TS. I had to do this for EVE-Online a while back. But it still works for ArmA just the same.

Writing my own profile and guess what my freakin G keys are screwed, well three anyway they each activate each other. So if I do get a profile to work it will be without keys G1,G3 and G13 so it will not make a lotta sense to anyone else.

Bollocks. The new G15 Only has six G keys mine has 18.

If you have a 5 button mouse with a wheel, you can set the mouse wheel push function as the push to talk and map the "action" function in arma to the fourth button on your mouse. Teamspeak doesn't seem to recognize more than three mouse buttons or you could just map button 4 or 5 to your push to talk and not mess with the arma "action" feature. I haven't been able to use my 5th button on the mouse in Arma as it seems to not recognize it, but it does recognize the 4th button. As a standard, I use middle mouse button, ie pressing mouse wheel down as my teamspeak push to talk button for each game I play and it seems to be the most universally compatible with all games I play, but I did have to remap the "action" feature in Arma to use it there.

Once you are used to it, pressing wheel is easy as pie.

I suggest you give this a shot and forget about keyboard PTT.