Spartans Home

Blu-ray - Any one got a writer yet ???

Has any of you guy's tried any of the Blu-Ray writer's yet, I was looking at the purchase of LG GGW-H20L as they have dropped in price a bit now, and I may need one for my PS3 experiments, hehehe :).

Just looking for comment's that all.

PS another type of format also on it's way. The HVD or Holographic Versatile Disk, if and when released, it is initially expected to cost around US$ 15,000 only and a single disk US$ 120-180. And stores about 3.9TB wow, I could do some damage with that.

Mainly looking at using for Movies on the PS3, but I have managed to get some home-brew code working on the PS3 so far. So will let you know how I get on, yea for those who have a PS3 add me to your buddy list, My Online ID is Deepcliff, as Cobol and all variation's where taken, or post your ID'S in channel. We will have to get together for a bit of grid on PS3 TritonB.

Games I have are as follows, Ridge Racer 7, MotorStorm, GT5 Pro, Formula One Chap, Grid, MotorHead, MetalGear Solid 4, Haze, Time Crisis 4. As you can see mainly racing games. I do like the F1 on the G25 though.

• 2 weeks later...
Mainly looking at using for Movies on the PS3, but I have managed to get some home-brew code working on the PS3 so far. So will let you know how I get on, yea for those who have a PS3 add me to your buddy list, My Online ID is Deepcliff, as Cobol and all variation's where taken, or post your ID'S in channel. We will have to get together for a bit of grid on PS3 TritonB.

Games I have are as follows, Ridge Racer 7, MotorStorm, GT5 Pro, Formula One Chap, Grid, MotorHead, MetalGear Solid 4, Haze, Time Crisis 4. As you can see mainly racing games. I do like the F1 on the G25 though.

Hi Cobol, I just saw this message. Actually I have nothing but demos for my PS3!! I bought it mainly to have a blu-ray player so i could take full advantage of my Sony Bravia XBR46" LCD at 1080p!