Spartans Home

2008 Computex computer show highlights

Latest Information!

ATI

* ATI is set to launch their Radeon HD 4850 graphics card on June 18, 2008.

* There will be a higher-end version, the Radeon HD 4870 with DDR5 memory but the launch date is still unknown.

IPB Image

* NVIDIA will brief the media on the new GT 200 series of graphics cards on June 5, 2008. However, the official launch date is on June 17, 2008.

IPB Image

* We were able to take a look at a few cards and obtain some details of the card.

* NVIDIA will launch the GTX 280 on June 17, one day before ATI officially launches their Radeon HD 4850 graphics card. This will be the new top-of-the-range card with 240 stream processors, an integrated PhysX physics processing unit and 1 GB of DDR3 memory with a 512-bit memory bus.

* One industry source told us that they tested their GTX 280 using 3DMark Vantage and it scored in the region of 4900 while the GeForce 9800 GTX scored only around 2300.

* NVIDIA will only launch the second model, the GTX 260, at a later date with some industry sources saying it should be around the middle of July. Apparently, the lack of competition on the high-end segment has given NVIDIA little incentive to speed up the release of the much cheaper GTX 260.

* The GTX 260 will be a slightly crippled version of the GTX 280. It will have an integrated PhysX physics processing unit as well, but with only 192 stream processors and a much cheaper price tag.

* One source claimed that NVIDIA was withholding supply of the GTX 280 GPUs from the manufacturers until after the launch, but the cards would be available worldwide within one week from the launch date. However, another source told us that they have already started making the cards and they will be on shelves on launch date (June 17).

* The NVIDIA GTX 280 will be priced at around US$ 649 while the GTX 260 will be priced around US$ 449.

Intel SSDs

* Intel will make new SATA solid state drives (SSDs) available in capacities of 32 GB to 160 GB soon.

* They will be available in both 1.8" and 2.5" form factors.

* They will be capable of handling shock of up to 1500 Gs.

Kingston

* Kingston will be going into the SSD (solid state drive) market as well.

* Their SSD products are still in development but should be ready by the end of the year.

* However, they will initially be made available to OEMs although there is always the possibility of retail sales later.

Day 1 : ASUS Eee PC Launch (Coming soon!)

Day 1 : Intel Atom Processor Launch (Coming soon!)

Day 1 : OCZ Technology, ASUS, Asrock and more (Coming soon!)

GeForce 9800 GTX Video Card (512MB, PCI Express 2.0 x16, Dual DVI)

Similar Products:

* GeForce 9800 GTX Video Card

* GeForce 9800 GTX Video Card

* GeForce 9600GT Video Card

* GeForce 9600 GT Video Card

* GeForce 9600GT Video Card

View More Results

Shop at Price

TigerDirect

$314.99

Newegg.com

$319.99

Buy.com

$299.99

TheNerds.net

$305.99

TECHONWEB

$309.85

ANT Online

$312.96

Compare Prices for All 12 Sellers ($299.99 - $413.43)

Edited by Athlon64~SPARTA~

I am in the process of earning enough "brownie points" from my missus to get my next computer. :rolleyes:

It does seem quite confusing at the moment, even more than normal, as to who has the best kit so I am just going to compare the best 4 or 5 systems I can find and then decide on which one I will get, I am going to spend about £1000.00.

Finely got pics, And prices are falling fast on the 9800&8800 as expected. New stuff out from foxcon and new coolers WOW really nice stuff!!!!!! New Boards, New cases all kinds of new stuff out!!!

http://www.tbreak.com/reviews/article.php?...mp;pagenumber=2

I am in the process of earning enough "brownie points" from my missus to get my next computer. :rolleyes:

It does seem quite confusing at the moment, even more than normal, as to who has the best kit so I am just going to compare the best 4 or 5 systems I can find and then decide on which one I will get, I am going to spend about £1000.00.

Have you thought about putting a rig together yourself rather than a bought one? Loads of help here if you do.

Yes mate I did, and before I bought my current Alienware I had built the previous 3 rigs but the prices are so low right now that if you shop around you can get something already made, and more importantly running, for about the same price so it's a good time to buy but there are a lot of choices out there.. :unsure:

Nice new boards out

This one is quad sli

User posted image

this one is tri sli

User posted image

this one is regular sli

User posted image

And talk about big coolers, this one as big as the board! looks like when you turn it on the board will hover!. Dam i could use it for a raidatior in my car! Thermaltake serious cooling!

User posted image

Building your own rig ensures QUALITY PARTS, unlike the SHIT that DELL AND ALIENWARE USE. Better than that you get more for your money by building your own rig, better cpu's better memory better video cards for CHEAPER.

• 5 months later...