Spartans Home

WW2 Mission "Road to Paris"

Zeno~SPARTA~

As you may know I have been messing about with a very simplified version of foothold. I have done this to reinforce my understanding of the games capabilities without using too much scripting. There are no economy or supplies requirements.

We will start in Normandy (near the site of the D day landings) at St Pierre du Mont. We will have access to all western flyable aircraft of the era. Our first objective will be Carpiquet. Once the 2 Axis buildings and all the ground forces have been destroyed the zone will become allied and we will have access to planes there. Defence forces will also spawn. The same will be true for Evreux. From Evreux we will attack Orly, thus liberating Paris

Tourism

For those of you wanting to tool around in the planes getting used to them I have set up a base at Gravesend with the prefix [UK]. Every plane from that era is available here (allied and Axis. Upon take off the Thames will be in front of you, turn left and follow the river to get to London.

Fog of war is on. St Pierre has radar as do the axis forces in each target area.

Available on F10 Radio menu

A recon TF51 can be repeatedly called for each target area. I advise against recon until you are ready to attack that area, as any incursion will trigger a response.

A quick reaction flight is on station and available for the defence of St Pierre only but can be called upon repeatedly.

These are slow aircraft so distance is more of a factor.

Carpiquet is 23nm from St Pierre

Evreux is 65nm from Carpiquet

Orly is 49nm from Evreux

This is a work in progress and hopefully a stepping stone for me to get into the zone commander script used in Foothold and Pretense.