Spartans Home

C: drive has corrupted

As some of you may know I am currently occupied entertaining some friends. But I have just found out my C: drive on my main gaimng rig has taken a dump. Unfortunately my XP disc is in another country. I will try to resolve this by Sunday so that I can participate, if not I have access to TS and the server on my backup PC so I will be able to communicate with you and move the race on to race mode on Sunday

I will keep you posted

Sorry to here that mate, maybe you need an upgrade & get rid of the old thing.IPB Image

Don?t worry about the race mate, I do have my father-in-law coming over,IPB Image

but I?m not missing the race this time(my head phone?s are going to be deafening loud) IPB Image

I keep my trusty old .45 next to mine, and every time it wants to mess up I threaten it with the .45 and it magicly strightens out.

HEHE, I don't know if it is cool or just plain sad that I have done the same before.

Yes we are.

Following a series of intermittent c: drive errors, chkdsk warnings and finally failure to boot I went out and bought a 500gb seagate barracuda to replace my 150gb Raptor.

I have 2 raptors in this machine, one for the os and one for the games., when I went to disconnect the sata I suddenly realised I didnt know which was which, so I reconnected the SATA and at that point noticed the power connector for the drive was almost hanging off. So I simply pushed the power plug properly into the drive and suddenly all my intermittent errors and boot failure went away. DOH.

I recently installed a 3rd 750gb drive on this machine and in so doing I must have dislodged the power cable, then vibration and a repositioning of the PC acouple of times to access the back did the rest.

But all is well now and I will be adding the 500gb drive to my media pc 2

Thanks for reminding me to finish off this tale and its worth remembering to check power cables if you have drive problems.

As I like to say quel cauchemar!!!!!

hehehe glad its sorted,

thats the thing though, it can be as little as a loose cable which makes you think everything is corrupted.

So at least you got 500gb of space out of it :)

catch you online later no doubt.