Spartans Home

Favorite food

Hmmmm

Fillet steak rare new potatoes and veg

or

Chicken Jalfeze

can't choose between them and you Elvis?

Hmmmm

Fillet steak rare new potatoes and veg

or

Chicken Jalfeze

can't choose between them and you Elvis?

Where do you get those rare new potatoes from? :lol:

Mine would have to be roast chicken or lamb.

Fried egg & bacon sandwiches with HP brown sauce as a close second.

Well Custard, since you asked:

I stopped eating animal products a bit over a year ago rather than taking cholesterol medication for the next 40 years. So my choices now are more limited. I could join Kram at an Indian restaurant and enjoy a lot of things, and there's a great Thai restaurant here for curry. However, if I had my choice, I'd go to Atlanta and have this:

IPB Image

Stuffed Acorn Squash

4 servings

Hands on: 25 minutes

Total time: 1 hour, 30 minutes

This entree is so beautiful, it can be served on your nicest occasions. But be very careful when seasoning the filling: With each taste, you'll be tempted to, you know, check again to make sure there's enough, uh, salt. Yeah, salt. Better taste one more time ... before you know it, you won't have enough filling left for the squash.

4 medium acorn squash

4 tablespoons soy margarine, melted

4 teaspoons honey

Paprika

Salt

1/4 cup vegetable or olive oil

1 cup sliced button mushrooms

1 cup shredded red cabbage

1 cup shredded carrots

1/2 cup corn kernels

1/4 cup dried cranberries

1/4 cup raw chopped walnuts

2 tablespoons cooked wild rice

1/4 cup cooked navy beans

1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic

1 1/2 teaspoons herbes de Provence (basil, marjoram, savory, rosemary, thyme and lavender)

3/4 teaspoon dried tarragon

Pinch coriander

Pinch black pepper

Pinch allspice

1 cup chopped fresh spinach

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cut the top quarter off the squash. If necessary, cut a coin size off the bottom ridges so the squash can stand upright. Scoop out the seeds.

Brush the inside of each squash with the margarine. Drizzle with the honey and sprinkle with paprika and salt. Place the squash in a large baking dish. Add water to the pan to 1/2 inch deep. Cover the pan with foil, making four 1-inch slashes as vents for the steam to escape. Bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick can go easily into the squash.

Heat the oil in a sauté pan over high heat. Sauté the mushrooms until lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Add the cabbage and carrots and sauté for 3 minutes. Add the corn, cranberries, walnuts, wild rice, navy beans and garlic and sauté for 2 minutes. Add the herbes de Provence, tarragon, coriander, black pepper, allspice and a pinch more of paprika; stir well. Season to taste with salt. Stir in the spinach and remove from the heat. When the squash are done, stuff them with the filling. Serve hot.

Followed by this "I can't believe there's no dairy" delight from the same restaurant:

IPB Image

Well worth the 4 hour drive.

oh yeah, my mum makes the best mince beef cobbler and this pork thing with creme fraise and booze in.

I just couldnt imagine a meal without meat in. I know id be hungry 5 minutes later.