Spartans Home

headset help

Krambo

Hi,

I know this topic has been discussed many times but im abit stuck.

Im after a new headset, hopefully something 5.1.

I have a mobo with a 6 channel codec. Do i need a 5.1 card aswell?

iv notices some headsets come with a built in USB sound card. Worth it? I dont like USB when it comes 2 audio.

I want something that is comfy 2 wear, 5.1 suround. and not USB.

the question is do I need a sound card aswell.

Thanks.

I have the same headset kit as sams running of X fi card its very good sound. The mics on a swivel and does break the wire inside, Viiper made a very good suggestion of superglueing the swivel so it doesn't move (the mic arm is flexible so no probs moving it) preventing the wires from breaking.

When i broke my Medusa for the second time i didn´t wan´t to bother so i bought a Sennheizer stereo headset and it works very well. The sound is just as good and u get a troublefree quality headset.

Heard a lot of good things regarding the Creative Fata1ity ones and the prize is really good too.

i got a set of the razer ones from viiper sound wise awesome even with the onbaord 7.1 sound.

mic is shite thou but pulled a scam and got them replaced.

my main pc died the other day so havent had a chance to test them and see if they have fixed the mic issue

Here is the headset that I use:

Sony MDR-V600

IPB Image

I have had them for about 4 years now and not a bit of trouble. I bought these new at a great price at the PX on Ft. Sam in San Antonio. $29.99. At the time they were around $150.00. It is amazing what you will find in the bargain bin at a Military Exchange. :)

Edited by Medic~SPARTA~