Spartans Home

>22" monitors

Inimigo~SPARTA~

Hey guys,

I know that some (or most of you) have 22" or even bigger monitors.

My questions are:

- can all games be played with FULL utilization of your screens, or are there black bars on the sides for some of them

- maybe you have to change the .exe file of the program/game (adding the resolution in the shortcut or so?)

- which ones do you have, and why (because of #ms delay, refresh rate, customer service, recommended by, brand, etc. etc.)

- isn't 24" too big to play (moving ur head for all the time, or "ghosting" due to the higher delays ...)

Reason is I'm trying to save some money sothat I can buy one around June/July this year and you can't start doing some research early enough, right?

Thanks up front!

INIMIGO, YOUR ENEMY IN THE SKIES

I have a 24" monitor, although my wife says I have a 22" and that it can never be too big to play on, but she says men always lie about their screen size. She also says your vision can't be blurred by having a bigger monitor, you just have to work with it and adjust yourself, maybe sit farther back. She also says it's not the length of the screen that matters, but how wide it is, and wider is apparently better. Of all the games we play, none have had black bars or anything, they've always adjusted to the monitor pretty well. Hope this helps!

An important item is also when the monitor is turned on, how long it will operate. A larger monitor dosnt nessesarily mean it will function any longer or less than a smaller one. Although the preference for turning on a monitor may rest with the larger size. If you have issues turning your monitior on, there are all sorts of new break throughs in power adapter technology. There has been alot of talk about the blue power bar and the yellow power bars, both allowing you to turn your monitor on and supply it with as much power as youll need providing a satisfying and long lasting game experiance.

thanks for the replies, but what about the specs? Is it really necessary to go under 5ms of reaction time?

I have my eyes on this one in particular, heard and read a lot of great reviews and it has 2ms of delay only.

http://www.forcom.be/?product=300259 which is Samsung 226BW 2ms 22" TFT (3000:1)

There's this other model: Samsung 2232BW 2ms 22" (http://www.forcom.be/?product=301327), which has the "improved (?) glossy black extra", that should make black the way it should be, but on the other hand at the same time mirrors you/your background.

Difference between 226BW and 2232BW is 10 euros, but still not sure why I should choose one or another.

Any comments more than appreciated.