Spartans Home

funny rant about Hellcat's

Zathrus~SPARTA~

Hello all,

This guy does have a point if in fact many people at drag strips in Hellcat's being beaten are getting out of their car's holding the "black" key transponder. The Black transponder is a reduced "valet mode" that disables the performance program setting features and limits the engine to 500HP.

The "red transponder" essentially enables the "Hellcat" by enabling a touch screen performance setup program and increases engine performance to 750HP.

He kind of has a point... why would anyone spend the money to own a Hellcat... but limit it to being a regular Challenger or Charger with the black transponder?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EkJ_Sjb12U

This Hellcat owner is really exasperated with people... you can tell! ha-ha

He also has a long list of things to "not race" and mostly he is correct in what he picks out. He is speaking from informed experience.

He points out correctly that electric cars have max torque instantly and therefore will always jump ahead in the beginning.

He also points out that all wheel drive high hp cars especially with automatics will always win... again this is correct as that is simple physics... 4 places to put HP to the pavement is better than 2.

I have to admit, this video does bring back memories.

there is certainly no substitute for the sound of a really big high performance V8 winding up....

You can see in this vid, the torque is so high, they cannot really get on the gas hard in the first 3 gears for the Dynomometer.

Edited by Zathrus~SPARTA~

I admire Dodge for building a 700+ hp car but I do not like the Challenger no matter how much power it has, to me its physically vast. However Dodge have also added the Hellcat package to the Charger. A four door sleeper is more appealing to me. Also I don't think the power variance in the keys is enough. If you dont trust someone with 700 hp why you would trust them with 500. The second key should be 250 - 300, ample for doing the groceries. The Hellcat also has valet mode, which reduces power and wont shift out of 1st gear.

4 wheel drives have only relatively recently been able to launch properly, since the advent of Launch Control. 4 wheel drive sports cars with manual gearboxes required a lot of skill to launch. The extra grip of the tyres meant that an enthusiastic launch would burn the clutch whereas not enough power would stall the engine. Early launch control systems were only good for 1 or 2 launches. Today however the launch controls systems are reliable.

Yes I do not understand the 500 hp black key either....

300 is more than adequate... 250 would be fine.

I also agree that 4dr. sleepers like the Hellcat Charger are very appealing.

One of my favorite cars I have ever owned... was a big 4dr sedan that looked like something Grandmother would drive to the grocery store.

But it was equipped with an Oldsmobile 455 rocket V8 and racing transmission.

That sedan destroyed so many pontiac trans ams and chevy comaros that I almost felt bad....but not really.. :bleh:

Edited by Zathrus~SPARTA~