Spartans Home

headset

Hoot~SPARTA~

hi getting back into arma 3

the laptop i just orderd has a Intel 5.1 Channel High Definition Audio + SPDIF/MIC/Headphone Jack

so thinking i need a headset with mic which jacks not usb is what i need but please feel free to correct me my thinking is usb will be standard sound but jacks will be for this set up !

thanks

thinking i need a headset with mic which jacks not usb is what i need but please feel free to correct me my thinking is usb will be standard sound but jacks will be for this set up !

Not exactly sure what you mean. If you do get a USB headset, the sound and mic will both work. Most headsets I have seen that use the 3.5mm plugs only use one channel (green plug) for audio, so you won't get "surround sound". (Ie: a headset will not take advantage of the 5.1 on-board audio). With the G35 you get 7.1 surround sound.

Also, last time I used a 3.5mm mic, I was only able to use one voice program at a time. In other words, if a game had in-voice audio, I couldn't use both it and TeamSpeak. But that has been awhile ago, they may have fixed that by now. Someone with that current setup would have to verify if that is still true or not.

- JHunter

hi

thanks for replys

the bit i was confused with, was due to it being a laptop and it stating in the specs about the audio with the mic and headphone jacks i thought it was dependent on that set up not the usb connection for the sound(i:e had to be jacks for the card installed)

thanks

hoot

Most USB headsets have an option for 3,5 mm jack too (usb plug with female connectors, headset with male) as is my Fatality...5.1 means you need 3 plugs, one for the mic, and two for the speakers.

Using soundblasters 3DMS surround gives me more direction feeling than 5.1 headphones..... but that's also a bit my taste .