Spartans Home

AC Revelations - After a few hours...

Batwing~SPARTA~

Guys.. This game is absolutely one of the most beautiful games I ever saw,

I am about 20 hrs into it, but I am taking it easy, exploring, doing a lot of side missions... It is a graphic masterpiece, filled with historical clues, beautiful story and great acting.

Someone said was the best of the trilogy, I guess I have to agree with it. Actually i loved brotherhood, due to the fact it was in Rome, but this one is just amazing and technically better.

If you are a fan of Assassin's Creed you cannot miss this one by any means :)

"Other PC woes, such as abhorrent mouse acceleration rendering the game near unplayable on keyboard and mouse, remain. Revelations, more than most, was designed around the buttons, sticks and triggers of 360 and PS3 pads, and as such almost demands the use of a controller. If you can deal with that indecency, it?s an otherwise neat port.

So: much the same murderfun but with unnecessary tangential baubles ? that?s Revelations in a teacup. It?s milking the Assassin?s teat for certain, and while the milk?s still sweet, the teat?s clearly going a bit raw." - PC Gamer 71/100

Not horrible I suppose, but I'll pass.

And i still strongly believe is very personal and subjective interpretation.

First of all I fully disagree with the Mouse issues that guy is reporting. I play keyb and mouse, as I ve been playing all of the AC series. Of course has some flaws, but overall are really minimal.

The only thing is totally useless in the game is the Den defense but you can still survive with it.

That guy that made the review most probably has no clue about the job is behind this title to provide historical clues to players. possibly most players don t give a crap about the fact there is an historical background behind what their playing.

Possibly the average Joe playng console action shooters do not appreciate the graphic attention to details has been applied to this game, in term of textures and colors. Thei possibly don t care either the city, Constantinopoli/Instanbul has been rebuilt with fidelity.

That reviewer is talking about "milking" something... I would be curios to see his review for titles like MW3 or even Batman, which is a total flop on PC, due to a massive buggy behavior.

With that said, one may not like the genre, which is obviously fine, but dismissing this game with a bare 7/10 is just non sense.

Well, I think he has a point that it just looks like more of the same since AC2, just with new cities. I'm sure it's still just as fun, I remember enjoying AC2 a lot (on PS3, granted). But it's still the same character and time setting essentially, neither of which appealed too much to me. I liked the first and second one, but I didn't really like Ezio as much as Altair. Was hoping for some more stuff to take place in the future as well.