Spartans Home

MorrOblivion Mod

Skaz~SPARTA~

I came across this on some forums, debating whether Oblivion was better than morrowind. And someone posted a link of Morroblivion mod for morrowind. This uses oblivion textures to remake morrowind, which most people say it is better. I personally have never played morrowind, only oblivion, but has anyone ever heard of this mod? Did anyone play morrowind?

With the whole fever of skyrim to be released, I started getting inspired to play oblivion again, but the same storyline again would be boring. So maybe this is something new to try!

My link

I have played them both and I like them both individually. Both games have a large depth in gameplay and storyline. Where Oblivion is placed in a more european medieval environment which looks more familiar to the classical roleplay game Morrowind is placed in a more jungle-like and wastelands environment. I personally think that both have their charme. A thing I found a bit annoying in Oblivion was the fact that at one point it was quite all the same. Get into the gates close them get to the next one...etc. But I loved the gameplay and the huge world.

BTW there is another very good mod for Oblivion. It is called Nehrim and I played it aswell. It is fantastic and it is a total conversion of oblivion.

Here is the link:

http://www.nehrim.de/indexEV.html

im downloading nehrim, sounds nice, I loved oblivion, but after completing the game as a mage and as a fighter, there isnt anything new to see anymore. I hope nehrim can bring something new to the game.

I'll second Kav's opinion of Nehrim; I just started playing it this past week. I would dare say that, as a whole, it is even better than the original Oblivion was. It's definitely worth the time for anyone that owns Oblivion.

If you purchased Oblivion via Steam, be aware that installing Nehrim will make the original game unplayable. If you're currently playing a campaign, you may want to finish it up or at least back up your save games before installing Nehrim.

Yes the install process was a bit of a heck but definately worth the time (tried half a day I think). There are some aspects which are in my opinion better then the original game. For instance the level up system is a bit changed and reworked aswell as you have the teleport system from morrowind. (Ok there is a mod for oblivion which gives you the mark and return spell from morrowind aswell.) But all in all Nehrim is a very nice total conversion of oblivion.

At the end of the game I personally thought that it lacks smaller quests, not related to the main story, like you have them in Oblivion. But on the other hand this just is simply a signal of how much longer I would like to play in Nehrim...

I think the only thing stopping me from buying Oblivion and getting this mod is that it's all in German. Looks great otherwise.

I'm probably gonna buy Oblivion at some point any way so I can get pumped for SKYRIM!

At the end of the game I personally thought that it lacks smaller quests, not related to the main story, like you have them in Oblivion. But on the other hand this just is simply a signal of how much longer I would like to play in Nehrim...

At the same time, while there are fewer side-quests, those side-quests tend to be related to the main quest in some way. They are not simple fetch quests that have no bearing on the game and only serve to pad gameplay.

@Rooster: Get Rosetta Stone!