Spartans Home

Flaming Cliffs 2 - AARs

Durka-Durka~SPARTA~

I just wanted to post this link for anyone who has FC2 or wants it, and has trouble learning the basics. This guy has done a collection of AARs with pics on the campaign missions for the F-15 and they are excellent. Not only have they really helped me out with the missions, but they also helped me in understanding how the sim (and jet) works. I bought this a few weeks ago, and it literally took me less than 8hrs of flying time before I gained a decent understanding of the game. I highly recommend it.

Flaming Cliffs 2: F-15c Campaign AAR

ScreenShot_022.jpg

ScreenShot_021.jpg

Hey Durka,

Great find with this AARs. I had some problems on that mission too and the one after (still work in progress). Nice to have a sort of guide, although I like to figure out my strategy on my own.

Interesting reading some other info tho, like on Flankers only Leader carries ECM, didn tknow that.

Also, true to say Wingmen can help, but is not garrantied they will act in full smartness.

Let me know when u wanna fly and we can have some nice COOP

COOP would be awesome.

I know what you mean about the wingmen haha. Last night I tried the same mission again and was doing a CAP, I turned around to go back to my last waypoint since I did't get the go-ahead to attack yet, and my wingmen kept going straight, out to sea. This left me fighting 6 fighters by myself :star-wars:

I have a few COOP missions designed to familiriaze with combat, we can start with those.

Then the game comes with someCOOP I guess or otherwise I can design some more complicate mission. Also I guess there are quite a lot COOP missions we can download somewhere.

In this game the secret is establish a good relationship between 2 pilots. If we learn to flight well together and handle some procedures, then we can also go and play on PvP servers like the 104 one. Then engaging humans (good humans) but being a decent team of 2 is really rewarding.

We are lucky also we are on the same timeframe (EST) so we could have some solid fun with this sim.

I stopped flying too often for this very reason. If you don t have a wingman, on PvP servers you are dead meet.

Also COOPs can be ALOT of fun but still you need to have a wingman to really enjoy them, so.. if you feel you want to be a team of 2, I am all for it !!

Being Leader or Wingman it doesn t make any difference to me, really i think we should experiment both, always, to improve our skills.

In the past I ve been flying with a squadron and I really enjoyed the "Training" aspect, where learning to fly in formation and then trying to fight still being aware where your wingman is was quite difficult. It s easy getting lost in the Sky, especially when you fly Full Simulation and you have to rely only on coms and few instruments to figure out your position and your wingman position.

It is challenging but it can be done :)