Spartans Home

Games in 2011

Batwing~SPARTA~

As someone who buys games like most people buy candy at the checkout line in retail stores, I have an ever growing pile of games that have yet to get any playtime.

RPGs alone suck up a lot of time. At the moment, I am trying to finish the original Mass Effect, and when that's done, ME2 will be in order. In the meantime, I haven't even looked at Fallout: New Vegas, other than to know that it works. And I have only played multi-player games in M&B: Warband; I'm afraid that I'll get sucked into it's single-player game if I give it a go.

The list of untouched FPS games is even bigger, but at least I can blow through them in 3 or 4 days each. Singularity, Jedi Academy, Serious Sam 2 HD SE, Chronicles of Riddick, and Frontlines all await me. You could even add the SP campaigns from Arma to that list, because I dropped them as soon as I discovered ow good multi-player was.

In the meantime, I will definitely be getting Shift 2 in a few days, and although I have been resisting the temptation so far, I might cave in and buy Crysis 2 (it's not that I don't want it; I just don't want to pay $60 when I'll only play the single-player campaign). I already have DoW2 Retribution and still need to level up my Last Stand characters.

I don't even want to look at the list in the OP. I already know of some big, time consuming games that I will want; looking at the list will probably only add 2 or 3 more games to that list.

I have to laugh at anyone that says PC gaming is dying. Here I am, retired, with all day to do whatever I want, and I don't even have all of the good games I want, and I don't have the times to play the games I already have.

The one game that i'm really looking forward to this year is The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings. I played the first one at the start of this year and found it to be the best RPG i've played yet. If the sequel is anything like the original then it's a day 1 buy for me!

The one game that i'm really looking forward to this year is The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings. I played the first one at the start of this year and found it to be the best RPG i've played yet. If the sequel is anything like the original then it's a day 1 buy for me!

Agreed. The Witcher was a damn good game. But more then the witcher 2 I am looking forward to Skyrim. Played every elder scrolls title and installed a big bunch of mods for Oblivion. i expect Skyrim to be the best rpg coming out this year.

You could even add the SP campaigns from Arma to that list, because I dropped them as soon as I discovered ow good multi-player was.

I know EXACTLY how you feel. ArmaII OA is exactly 9 days old, and I dont see alot of reason to go back to the SP after finding you guys. However, there is a single mission included that you MUST see if you havnt. Its Eagle Wing. Check that one out!

Wolfeman

I am totally with you here !

However, I was amazed how beautiful Mass Effect 2 is. Waiting for Mass Effect 3 now is a must.

@ Fatal:

If this can help saving you some time:

- When you will be done with ME, get ME2 and enjoy! It is amazing and if there is something you didn t like on the first edition, forget about it beacuse everyone I know coming from the first said the Second is way better.

- Forget about Frontlines, don t even try to install it. That game was a catastrofic failure. It has no single player because the few things you do in single are barely a preparation for the Multiplayer. The multi was the only game reason. It came out so bugged I cannot even tell you. Kaos never fixed it and after 6 months there was no population online anymore playing that crap.

Kaos is now coming out with their second iteration of Frontilines but they called it HomeFront this time. Not even that much fantasy with names....

...And I have only played multi-player games in M&B: Warband; I'm afraid that I'll get sucked into it's single-player game if I give it a go....

Yes, you will. Trust me on this. It may not seem like much on the outside, but it's damn addictive. Especially when you start building up your army and besieging towns.

I'm looking forward to Witcher 2 (never played the first one but like the looks of it), Portal 2 (first one was awesome), Battlefield 3, and Skyrim. I was also looking forward to Assassin's Creed Brotherhood and Total War: Shogun 2, but the wait is finally over for those two titles (and they both rock)

And I agree with Frontlines: Fuel of War sucking major donkey balls. Well, atleast the multiplayer did, I think the singleplayer was OK--in a mediocre kind of way.

First, Homefront is a waste of money. The SP game is a bit buggy but worst of all, it is the most linear SP game I have ever played. EVERYTHING you do is directed and if you don't do it fast enough it will count as a fail and you have to start that section over again. The MP is better but other games such as BF:BC2 and Cod:BLOPS do it far better with less bugs. Anyone who is a fan of the old 1984 movie Red Dawn will get a kick out of the SP story line and the scenery as they were both written by the same guy, but the random purchaser who is looking for a good FPS will find it severely lacking.

All in all this is right on par with Kaos Studios releases to the market.

Moving along...

As far as games, I am looking forward to purchasing/playing a small handful of games this year.

BF3

Diablo 3

Skyrim

Dragon Age 2 (By the time I am ready to buy and play it, I hope there will be a patch or two and maybe some DLC.)

Portal 2 looks okay but I will be damned if I am spending $40.00+ on a 2nd game when the first one took about 2.5 hours to complete.

As far as an MMO goes, I can always fire up my EVE accounts but I am really interested for the new Star Wars Old Republic to be released.