Spartans Home

New Toy

Postal

I finally cracked and went and bought me my first handgun. I decided to get one to "blow" off steam and personal protection. In the last week we have had 3 home robberies in my neighborhood. Strange seeing that there has never been ONE in the past. One was even in the middle of the night while the people were sleeping. They got up and locked the door and let the people do what they wanted and called the police. One of the people that got robbed is even in my section. It happened in the middle of the day this week. I just found out about the others yesterday while talking to the guy that got robbed. The police told him about the others. Weird seeing that the news is not reporting THREE robberies in the same neighborhood.

I bought a 40S&W.

I was actually going in to get a Springfield Armory pistol that looked the same, but ended up getting the S&W because I liked how it felt in my hand better.

User posted image

User posted image

User posted image

post-22-1196547644_thumb.jpg

I have 200 rounds sitting in the floor right now that I plan on putting through it tomorrow. I finally found a range that is open on Sun. There is only one that is close to where I live and it is open very short hours even through the week. The one I found is only 35 miles away. Strange that a place like this does not have them on every corner. Seeing that I am headed towards Halli, he might want to get together and shoot a few rounds.

The Springfield that I looked at was an XD. I really like some of the features and how it felt. But for over $100 less, I like the S&W a lot better. Overall, the S&W felt really good. The XD was also a 45 as where the S&W is a 40. I almost bought the 357 S&W but changed my mind at the last minute. I will let you know how i like it tomorrow when I get home.

Awseome bro. Shoot shoot shoot. The fundamentals still apply.

I learned how to shoot pistol in the Army and I picked up a lot of bad habits according to my friends in the local PD. So I asked a VA State Trooper friend of mine to take me and reteach me to shoot.

Of course I learned on an M9. And relearned on a 1911 Kimber. Its all technique. I spent so much money on ammo that weekend. But it really paid off. Good times.

I am glad you bought your hardware. I truly hope you never need it. Peace.

I put 200 rounds through it today. I really liked it. The XD is what I wanted at first. But this one is nice. Some guy was helping me at the range and teaching some things to shoot better. At first he thought I was there to qualify with the group that was there. He came by to let me know that I was good and did not need to practice anymore until I told him that I was not there with the group. He was impressed seeing that is the first time in a long time that I fired a handgun.

After he helped me I got even more accurate.

I plan on going next weekend and putting a few hundred more through it. I really enjoyed it. It just gets expensive shooting that many rounds in one day.

Cleaning it was something else too. That is a lot crack and small areas to clean. Nothing like an M16. Speaking of which, that is my next purchase. I think I am going to get one of those next week. I have some friends that need the practice and I just want one.

If you're going to be spending any time at the range you need a source of reliable ammo and not the box at a time retail stuff.

I've shot this ammo for a very, very long time in many calibers without incident.

Take a look:

Georgia Arms

Hope it helps and shoot safely.

Cheers...

Legislation is actually considering whether or not the Law in Washington DC that states that it is illegal to posses a firearm within the District, constitutional or not. Um hello.... No one that works in DC lives there too. Everyone gets the hell out before night time. The people that do live in DC are there because they know that our govt will only let the neighborhoods deteriorate so much. The govt. often goes in and refurbs parts as well as schools. Not as often as most would like to see but often enough.

I hate to say that about our country's capital but its true. Ask ProSoldier if he'd ever live in DC... on purpose.

I'll end my little rant with this:

If you make firearms illegal, then only the bad guys will have them.

Where I live, it's only the bums I worry about, but if you go to atlanta, it's needed.

That's cause Maj3stic lives there! ;)

My first Auto was a treat but I learned quickly that my grip was way off as my first shot the slide cut my thumb joint....haha live and learn.

Postal which range are you using?

I was a member of this range for almost 15 years and shot primarily Action Pistol, Action Rifle, High Power Rifle and the assorted shotgun fields (sporting clays was my favorite) plus just fun plinkin'.

We had folks that would drive for several hours to attend matches here. I was lucky enough to live 15 minutes away.

Anybody near this range should check it out (you have to be sponsored in for membership) as it's a superb facility.

Just fyi...

River Bend