Spartans Home

Electronic - Car technologies for safety

NoScream~SPARTA~

I do like antiskidd, it works good and enables the vehicle to corner faster with better control. I do NOT like the electronic throttle, allways seems there is a 1/4 sec delay before the throttle plate opens. Bad when going around a corner slow and rethrottleing up allways seem to get a serge waiteing for the throttle motor to open the throttle body.I find that i get better fuel economy when antiskidd is off on the highway. I like presice cable throttle better. Plus if that throttle motor ever hangs up then you will go toyota, except you will still have brakes and steering.LOL!

EDL is good, Be nice to have it button controlled when needed. But then haveing a good positrack diff is just as good.

Edited by Athlon64~SPARTA~

Next we will see the active/reactive coupled with anti roll over/antiskidd cruse controll, first intruduced in heavy duty trucks, such as the Bendix/bocsh air brake system. Saw it on mercedes cars, it will be on them all soon.

It uses radar in the front to detect outher cars when cruse controll is on, if someone passes you and gets over in front of you and then slows down ,it will automaticly slow down, including applying the brakes all the way up to stopping. If the car ahead speeds back up it will speed back up as well, to the set speed. It does work good, i have seen it work. Its the prelude to automated driving.

I have ridden in the white mack truck in one of those tests

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMWhl9y4TVE

Don't snear at this stuff, it will save your life one day.

Edited by Athlon64~SPARTA~